Chapter 17

Rosette's POV...

"Can we talk?" Jason asks and the faces around can't be more in shock than my own. Jason wants to talk to me. He actually asked me a question without insulting me or asking aggressively.

"Talk about what?" Joey asks and I can hear the suspicion in his tone. I should also be suspicious of his decent tone. Yesterday, he was treating me like I was some kind of enemy. Now, after the announcement, he suddenly wants to talk to me.

"Rose, I would like to speak to you alone. It can be any time today, there is no rush." Jason says before pushing his chair back and getting up. He gives me a look that I remember all too well before leaving the room. He gave me his pleading look.

"Good thing you are full of energy Joey. We have training today and you have to sign some papers before we go out to get your attire for training." Cory says as he takes a large gulp of orange juice before following the path Jason took.

"The nerve of that fuck head. He sat there and asked if you could talk to him like you hadn't tried that since the beginning. All he did was try to hurt you and if he tries it again, I'll fuck him up." Joey snarls and I smile at his protectiveness.

"That Cory guy mentioned we had to go to a store to get some attire for training. Why don't you come with me so we can also get clothes to wear throughout this house. We look so out of fucking place with just pajamas." He chuckles and I nod my head in agreement.

I wonder if Jason is coming with us? Would he want to come with us? I mean, he wants to talk, so it would make sense to come along with us and try to talk to me. Ugh, why do I even care? I shouldn't want to talk to him.

That look he gave me, was a look that felt so familiar. He often gave me that look when he truly needed me to comply with something. The last time he gave me that look, it was to contribute to the wedding.

                         ~Flashback~

"Ro, your sister is crying because you refuse to be a part of the wedding. Why? Why don't you want to share this memory with us?" Jason asks and I try my best to ignore the hurt in his tone. I also try to ignore the fact that we are both sitting on my bed with the door closed.

I want to say that I didn't want to share a memory with her. I want to shout that she is still playing her sick little game and she has taken it too far. She doesn't love him, not like I do. She's using him to drive me into depression and I refuse to be a part of the making of my downfall.

"You wouldn't understand Jay. Plus, I'm too fucking old to be throwing flowed on the ground. Why can't she ask someone younger to do it?" I ask with more sass than I meant to. Jason scoots closer to me and gently forces my head to lean on his chest.

"You can be so stubborn, Ro. I know you both have a feud but this is something important to her and it's important to me. I can't imagine you not being there, you are the reason we became close." He says as he rests his chin on the top of my head.

I know he means well by those words. I know that he isn't aware of the dark meaning behind his words at all. However, there is a half-truth within those words. Jason got close to Emily, but Emily doesn't really love Jason. She's just fucking with me.

"I love you Ro." He whispers and my heart beats quicker at his words. Is he confessing his true feelings for me? Did he just realize marrying Emily is a huge mistake? The thought alone made me happy and I couldn't stop the stupid grin that forms on my face. I open my mouth to confess my feelings as well but he speaks first.