CHAPTER 20: DABAI'S

🫣
UNEDITED.

ABUJA, NIGERIA

'DABAI MANSION' was written boldly on the black and golden ginormous metallic gate, it would be hard for anyone passing by not to notice it. As the black SUV convoy approached the gate, it was pulled open automatically and all the cars drove in. It couldn't be called a house neither could it be called a mansion, it was a whole fucking gigantic estate and it belongs to the Dabai's. The Dabai's are a well known business family and they come from a generation of old money. Any one bearing the name 'Dabai' walked around with two or four guards for his or her protection. The Dabai's had so much money they didn't even know what to do with it, if they decided to stop working today, then their great great grandchildren won't suffer from any poverty. Yes, they are that rich!

Inside the compound of the estate, it wasn't houses that were built inside but mansions. The largest mansion belonged to Abdul Dabai, Malik and Amir's father and then his sons' mansions on either side of his. Amir's mansion is by the left and it stood differently from the others. Two years ago, he had pulled it down and built a beautiful and expensive log cabin. It caught the eyes of all the visitors who came inside the estate because of how it is built differently, the estate had another 17 mansions inside it all built to perfection and yet another five mansion could be built inside it again, the estate is that big.  All these 20 mansions belong to the Dabai's, all including Abdul, Malik and Amir's own.

The women standing outside Abdul's mansion who is now Azra's father Inlaw started yodelling and ululating the moment the sleek black suv convoys pulled over. Azra was dressed in a dark red lace with very light pink feathery patterns as its decorations, a large veil adorned her body.  She had to wear it so she would be able to cover her face until the budan Kai but if it was up to her, she wouldn't mind wearing a skimpy veil. Even though she had never tied a wrapper, she insisted on sewing the lace into a wrapper and blouse. Instead of the usual peplum blouses, hers was sewn straight and it stopped around the waist as it clung to her body like a second skin, when she tied the wrapper around her body it looked as if she was wearing a straight gown and not a blouse and wrapper. 
"Did I tell you how beautiful you look today?" Malik whispered beside her with a huge grin on his face, she flashed him a tight smile signalling that she wanted the conversation to end but he didn't get the message or maybe he pretended not to. Just as she was about to step foot into the mansion, Ummita came out and she flashed her a wide grin. She hugged her and when she released her she said,
"Welcome to the family my sweet child." Even though she isn't allowed to sure her face, Azra ducked her head a little and then raised her veil so only Ummita could see and she winked at her. Ummita shook her head in amusement and she pinched Azra's cheeks before she held her hand and led her inside the mansion.

Even though there is a long distance between Kano and Abuja, it didn't take long before they arrived because they had used Amir's father's private jet. It was a wonderful experience, Ummita kept on dragging her until they were inside a room furnished with grey and white furniture.
"This is Amir's bedroom, he sleeps here even though he has his own house close by. Quickly get ready, the budan Kai will start soon." Ummita said and Azra giggled as she raised her veil.
"You look so beautiful, Azy." Azra groaned and then she pouted her bow shaped pink lips.
"Stop calling me Azy, it sounds so childish and I am now a married woman."
"Oya sorry married woman." Ummita said sarcastically and Azra playfully rolled her eyes. This is the beautiful relationship Azra and Ummita share and she had always prayed that Azra will marry one of her sons, if not Amir then Malik and today her dreams have been fulfilled. Yes, she knows about her arrogant and rude behaviour but her good nature tends to overshadow it. Plus, no one is perfect.

Layla, Badriya, Maryam, Yasmin and Mahi came in thereby stopping them from continuing their bantering.
"Awww, Mahi, look at you all dolled up and looking pretty." If she had a fair skin like Azra then she would have definitely turned beet red because of the way she is blushing. Unlike Azra, Mahi isn't very close to Ummita considering the fact that she has lived mostly all her life in Saudi Arabia and she isn't as bold as Azra is, also she always shys away from her because of the crush she has on Malik.
"T-thank you." Mahi stuttered with a blush and Ummita huffed.
"Mahi is so shy unlike you big mouth Azra." Ummita joked and Azra gasped dramatically and placed her hand on her chest.
"Your words make my heart ache mother." Azra said dramatically again, making Ummita shake her head and chuckle.
"You guys also look pretty." She said referring to Layla,  Yasmin, Badriya and Maryam and they all smiled at her.
"I'll leave you guys to get ready, you can tell the maids if you need anything." Ummita said, walking out of the room and they all nodded.