Send me an angel (Renmin)

So this is of course based off of Renjun's hiatus. Of course I do not know his exact feelings and this is purely fictional but it is meant to inspire hope and to show that no matter how bad the pain is, no matter how bad it feels in the moment when you are at your lowest and you feel like everyone is against you. If you look hard enough, long enough, there is love out there for you. (And this is a bit cringy, sorry.) 😬

Some people say, "sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me". It's a lie.
Words can hurt, they can be toxic, degrading, hurtful, cause unimaginable pain, they are dangerous.
The more you hear them, the more they become who you are. They are ingrained into your soul, sucking the once vibrant life out of you...

The words echo in his brain on an endless loop. Fat, no talent, ugly, immature. Some words were spoken and some were formed in his minds interpretation. His heart is shattered beyond repair. The pain unbearable as he wallows in them. He had everything. His life was amazing, but years of subtle and not so subtle insults thrown his way only out of pure jealousy and selfishness have led him to this point. He is broken, drowning in a sea of hate and the people who were supposed to protect him failed.
As he lies clutching his sweat soaked pillow after another horrid dream, his cries go unheard, at least he thinks.

Somewhere on the other side of the clouds...
"I've been called. I've been summoned." The angel says as he floats gracefully through the fluffy white.
"Why does it hurt right here?" He asks pointing to his chest.
"Ah, this is your first. You see the human in need of your help is hurting, they need love and courage. They are sad."
The angel frowns.
"How can I help them? How will I know who they are?" He asks nervously.
"My dear Jaemin, you are the kindest soul here, you will figure out how to help them with your heart. As for who it is, when you let yourself go, you will fly right to them. The summon you felt will act as a beacon. Set yourself free and go to them." He nods and floats away. He tries to think of a way to free himself but really doesn't know how.

He breathes in deep and focuses on the feeling in his chest. His eyes close for a moment as he spreads his wings and finally can feel himself falling toward earth. The sensation is magnificent. He's freefalling, his heart leading the way like a beacon. When he is under the clouds, nearing a large city he slows to a graceful speed. He can not be seen by human eyes, the only ones that recognize him are fellow angels here to help their humans.

The closer he gets, the stronger the pull. It's morning here on earth and his human seems to be curled in a ball on his bed. Jaemin watches from beside the window. He stands as still as a statue so he can observe everything.
He can see him start to stir and can feel his sadness radiating out of him. He watches his back as he gets up and heads to another room, he waits patiently.

After what seems like an eternity for the angel he walks out. His head is down as he walks toward his kitchen. He observes him as he opens his refrigerator and pulls out a bottle of water. He then makes food and sits down at the table to eat. Jaemin sits across from him in a chair and stares at his face. He sees a beauty like no other. He wonders what could make a human who is this pretty, so sad.
He watches as he picks up his phone with a shaky hand and drops it, almost like it's on fire. He can feel the fear in his soul.
When he leaves the table, he goes right to his bed and curls into a heap again. Jaemin puts his hand over his phone, it glows to life as he absorbs the words that flow through his fingertips, right to his very soul. He feels broken. How anyone could say these things about someone as soft and small as he is. Someone whom radiates love through his very soul.
Jaemin pulls his hand back quickly, he can't take too much sadness all at once.

He flies over to him lying on the bed and hovers above him. How can he possibly stop this from happening? Other than turning into a dark angel and killing every last person who hurt him, he's at a loss.

After hearing snores coming from him he turns to his laptop that is sitting on the bedside table. He opens it and allows himself to be absorbed by this virtual world. He's standing in a sea of blue light with hateful words hitting him hard. It hurts so much until a sentence "I love you Renjun" hits him. He already feels lighter as more like these start flooding his senses.
There in the pits of darkness is a light, a source of hope and love. He absorbs these words in his soul, relishes in their beauty. People from all over the world telling Renjun what an inspiration he is. How loved he is.

He flies to him and hovers so close they are touching. Renjun stirs, his horrid nightmares making him cry in his sleep again.
Soon though he sees a figure. A tall white glowing figure, his wings spread behind him, he's magnificent. The closer he gets the more beauty he sees. His hair of all white, pale, almost translucent skin, pretty pink lips and his eyes are a sea of blue.
For the first time in a long time Renjun feels at peace. This heavenly body stands before him and wraps him in his big white wings. He feels a jolt, almost like electricity but there is no pain. He sees the words floating around him, he feels the love that he wasn't able to before.
Sometimes hate speaks louder, sometimes you have to fight through the pain and fear and hurt to find the love that was there all along.
As he starts to wake the angel backs away, he reaches out and places his fingertips to the angels and feels a warmth go through him like wildfire.

He wakes feeling a gentleness around him that he hasn't in a long time. The air smells fresher in his room, there is a brightness that wasn't there before. He sits up and looks around. The window is open just a crack, the curtains slightly apart. He doesn't remember opening them but it's nice.
He notices his phone lit up on the table and walks over slowly, he figures it's someone calling him but instead it's open to a threat of messages. People telling him that they love and support him, people telling him to heal, and how he's helped heal them. He sits at the table reading through thousands of messages as he weeps. This time he cries happy tears as his angel watches over him.
"Will you stay with me forever?" He asks quietly.

The angel appears in front of him.
"Can you see me?" He asks even though his voice isn't heard in the human world.
"I can feel you." Renjun looks in his direction with tears falling gracefully down his cheeks.
"I'll stay as long as you need me." The angel says in hopes that his words will be felt. Renjun smiles. A smile so pure and genuine it makes the angels chest glow with happiness.
"I need your presence in my life. I feel the love you radiate." Renjun says softly.
The angel wraps him in his wings again, and again he feels the jolt.
"My dear Renjun, my human form is already here on earth, already in your life. You just need to open your heart to see him." He feels this as a whisper and closes his eyes tightly. In a flash it all comes to him.
There is a knock on the door, the angel releases him.

Renjun feels a slight pang in his chest until he opens the door.
"Jaemin. Hi." He says softly.
"How are you feeling today? We all miss you so much." He cries and hugs Jaemin's waist.
"Can you stay with me?" Jaemin smiles and holds him tight.
"Of course baby. Want to watch a movie or a good drama? Or we could play games?" He asks sweetly. Renjun shakes his head no.
"Please just hold me."
Renjun spends the rest of the day and even the night in Jaemin's arms. He dreams about the light again, the angel, only this time he sees Jaemin's pretty face.
In the morning when he wakes he's still being held by his human angel, he looks over by the window and smiles.
"I think I'll be ok now. Thank you." He says softly. The angel flutters across the room and disperses into tiny flickering lights. It's the most beautiful thing Renjun has ever seen. He kisses Jaemin's cheek softly as he wakes.
"Thank you for staying with me." He whispers softly.
"I would do anything for you. I just want to see you happy again." Renjun smiles and kisses his cheek again.
"I'm getting there. I'm starting to feel again. I found a way to see the love through all the hate." He smiles softly and grabs his phone. He shows Jaemin the messages.
"You see, I have millions of angels in my life. One that visited my dreams, millions of supporters online who are working tirelessly to outshine the hate. I have my dearest friends in Dream and i especially have you. You are my human angel." Jaemin smiles and hugs him tightly.
"I'll be back Jaem, I'll be stronger than ever."