Chapter 2

The next day, like usual, Jasmine did her daily morning routine. When she was about to head out the door, she immediately remember the discussion between Mickey and her. From now on, she would have to do Mickey's homework and pianist Jasmine is now Mickey's girlfriend. She tried to get her mind off it while listening to music on the bus, but as the bus stopped each time, she felt like school was now hell and, worse, the warning bell rung quicker than she had thought. 

Jasmine solemnly went to Chemistry and sat at her seat. Obviously, Mickey would be coming right after or before the bell would ring. She took out her homework and right behind hers was Mickey's. Why does pianist Jasmine have to be a butthole's girlfriend? she thought and then tried to look on the bright side. Don't worry, it's just until high school ends, right? Plus, the relationship isn't going to last long. It'll end with Mickey dumping me anyway. She tried to smile, but failed when Mickey walked in the classroom.

Mickey immediately took his hand out for his homework and she slid the worksheet on the desk next to him. He took a pen out and wrote his name on top as the teacher walked by each table, collecting the homework. When the teacher took their homework and passed their table, a girl turned around. "You're dating someone?" she asked with wide eyes. She was known as Stephanie. The head of the cheerleader squad and even though she had the annoying voice, Jasmine never thought badly of anyone. 

They both looked up, but immediately, Jasmine took a book from her backpack and began reading it. She couldn't help, but eavesdrop in the conversation abd thought rumors spread around quickly.

Mickey smiled. "Yeah," he answered, casually.

"Who?" Stephanie jumped in her seat.

"A girl," once he said that, almost everyone in class looked at him.

Jasmine felt like she was being pointed at and if she was, it would be Stephanie who pointed at her. She didn't look up or else it would be awkward so she just tried to mind her own business.

"What's her name? She better not be some loser or nerd," Stephanie scorned.

Jasmine couldn't help, but sigh. Those words didn't hurt her because she needed Mickey to keep the secret. No matter what.

"How long have you met her?" Stephanie asked, curiously.

"Just yesterday," he answered and Mrs. Roberts caught the class's attention by hitting a yard stick on the white board.

Jasmine casually looked up from her book and placed it in her backpack. She glanced at Mickey who was texting one of his friends on his phone. 

The beginning of class was okay because they had to do a quiz. An easy quiz for Jasmine, but the rest of class was awful because Stephanie continuously asked Mickey about his new girlfriend and wished he was single again. Some even tried to cheat. She knew Mickey cheated off her.

"How'd you meet her?" she asked.

"She performed at a piano recital my father attended," he said. "And we just sort of clicked." 

Stephanie made a puppy face. "So you won't hang out with the rest of the girls anymore?" she asked and pursed her lips.

Mickey said nothing, but laughed. He gave off a charming expression, making everyone assume that he could still play around.

What a player, Jasmine thought.

The lecture Mrs. Roberts gave was completely boring for Jasmine and for the first time, when the bell rung, she was the one of the first to leave. She didn't know why, but she felt anger and sadness inside of her. She knew the anger was because of Mickey, but she didn't understand why the sadness was there. Jasmine assumed it was because she liked the outside Jasmine a bit more.