Chapter 3

Uncle Max drove Jasmine to the Lincoln Center where her piano recital was held. She took a sigh of relief, seeing that Mickey wasn't in the crowd. She was already in her same satin chiffon dress that was long to the middle of her thigh. It was Friday night and Uncle Max told Jasmine to get a ride from Chase. When their recital was done, Chase suggested to go to a party, but Jasmine immediately decline. She wasn't the type of person to go to parties. Maybe a small get-together, but never parties. 

Chase immediately drove her home. Weekends were now the time where she can take a breath from Mickey. That is until a call came. She flopped on to her warm bed and immediately heard her ring tone. "No," she moaned as she picked up. "Hello?" she answered with her face deep in her pillow.

"You don't sound the same," a familiar voice came.

Jasmine lifted her face. "Who is this?" she asked and looked at who she was picking up to. 'Mickey' it said. Oh great, she thought. "What do you want?" 

"Want to get started on the cooking project?" he questioned with an annoyed tone.

Jasmine looked at the calendar. It was true they were procrastinating on the project, and they had to start it somehow. "Fine," she answered. "My house or your house?"

"Is there anyone at your house?" he asked.

"No, just me," she answered.

"Text me your address," Mickey replied and immediately hung up.

Jasmine hung up after and laid in her bed for awhile. She pounded her head in her pillow and her fists hit the mattress repeatedly. "I don't want to do this!" she exclaimed and laid still for a few more seconds. She got up and texted him her address and went to the bathroom to take off her dress. She put on a gray cotton gym shorts that took 1/3 of her thigh and a white shirt with Micky Mouse on it. She pulled up the sleeves to her elbows and let her black hair fall to her shoulders. I'll wake up once he rings my doorbell, she stated in her mind and fell to her bed.

Her nap felt like ten minutes when she heard the doorbell ring and it took her awhile to realize what was going on. When she looked at a text on her phone, it was from Mickey, saying he waited on her front porch for 15 minutes already. She checked the mirror really quick and raced down stairs to open the door. 

"Did you wait long?" she asked, seeing Mickey with an unhappy expression. She brushed her side bangs as she opened the door. He walked into her house and took off his shoes. "Are you mad?" she asked, closing and locking the door.

"Of course I'm mad!" he exclaimed as she shrink a bit. He took a deep sigh. "I'm not that mad." He placed his arm around her neck. "Where's your kitchen?"

"What are you doing?" she asked, implying his arm.

"You're my girlfriend, aren't you?" he replied. "And you're not wearing your glasses today."

"Ah, I had a piano recital today. I'll change into my glasses right now then," she said, taking his arm away from her neck as she walked upstairs to her room. She felt him follow her and she immediately stopped in front of her room and turned around to face him.

"Aren't you going to your room to change into your glasses?" he asked.

"You can't go in here," she said bluntly. "It's a girl's room."

"Please," he said in an annoyed tone, reaching for the doorknob.

Jasmine slapped his hand away.

"What's the big deal? I've been to many girls' rooms before," he snapped.

"Of course you would," she stated. "This is my - "

Mickey reached the doorknob again with Jasmine's hand on it and pushed the door open. "It's just a plain room. What is there to see?" he asked.