5.

Jimin has been missing since breakfast. He went on a date with Jungkook at Lotte World. I've only been there a few times, but it's always too crowded for my liking. Today, though m, I have other plans with Hoseok.

He asked me to go with him to a dance academy in Mapo-gu because he wants to introduce me to one of his friends. I'm not really into being set up, but I'm curious about Hobi's friend. Hobi is such a kind person, so I'm sure his friends are great too.

After a little while, Hobi arrives at my house. I told him it's fine for me to take the bus and meet him there, but he insisted on picking me up so we could go together.

"Are you all set to go?" he asks as he steps out of his car.

"I'm," I say and walk to the car, helping myself into the passenger seat and fastening my seat belt.

As Hobi drives us to the dance academy, he keeps reassuring me about his friends. He tells me they're all good people, which puts me at ease. When we finally reach the academy, I notice that it's not as packed as I imagined it would be. It's probably because it's the weekend.

Hobi takes my hand and guides me towards a guy who seems completely engrossed in his dance moves, oblivious to our presence. I can tell he's good-looking, through the practice mirror in front of him but he's so focused on his dancing that he hasn't noticed us yet.

"Hey! Jong In!" Hoseok calls out, and the guy misses a step but doesn't fall. He turns to us a frown, tugging at his brow.

He's ridiculously handsome, and I can feel my cheeks heating up.

"Don't look at me like that." Hoseok says, taking my hand and tugging me towards Jong In.

"You interrupted my routine." Jong In points out.

Hoseok waves his hand dismissively, leaning his back onto the large mirror. "I'm sure you've been practising tirelessly. You should take a break. I want to introduce you to someone."

Jong In's eyes land on me briefly before he turns to Hoseok. "Who's this?"

"This," Hoseok says, smiling as he pushes himself off the mirror, "is Seokjin. He's my friend from school."

Jong In frowns again. "You mean he goes to our school? How come I've never seen him before? I wouldn't forget a face like this."

Hoseok waves him off, and I feel awkward that they are talking about me as if I'm not present. "You haven't met him because he's a first year."

Jong In mouths an inaudible 'oh' as if just coming to the realisation before he turns to me, his face breaking into the most beautiful smile.

"I'm Jong In." He holds his hand out for me to shake. "My close friends call me Kai. You can call me that, if you like."

In the corner of my eye, I can see Hoseok roll his and shake his head.

"I'm Seokjin. You can call me Jin."

Jong In chuckles silently, still holding onto my hand, but it doesn't feel weird. "Do you dance, Jin?"

"No." I shake my head. "I can't dance."

"I highly doubt it. I'm sure you would do just fine if you tried."

"Why don't you give Seokjin some lessons, Jong In?" Hoseok says, walking up to us. "What do you think, Jinnie?"

"I----I'm not sure." I stutter.

"Come on." Jong In says, smiling a little, "I swear I'll go easy on you."

I feel the heat in cheeks rising to my ears. "I--- Sure, why not?"

"Hey," Hoseok says, and I'm a little startled as I look at him, "I have a small errand to run. Kai, can you keep Seokjin company until I return?"

"Sure, I don't mind." Jong In smiles at me.

"I'll be right back, okay," Hoseok says to me before he starts heading out without giving me a chance to respond. I watch him until he's out of the door.

A tug at my hand reminds me that Jong In is still holding on to it, and I look up at him. "Do you like coffee, Jin? Would you like to get coffee with me?"

I nod, and he shifts my hand to his other one and leads me out of the dance room.

As we walk down the street outside, I can't help but feel a bit small next to him. I look at our interlocked hands, and he must have noticed because he says:

"Hope I'm not making you uncomfortable."

I look up at him and shake my head, no. He smiles and then faces ahead. We arrive at a Dunkin' Donuts that's around the corner, and he leads me to a table by the window.

We take our seats opposite each other, and he smiles. I wonder if he usually smiles this much and I try to smile, too.

"What will you be having?" he asks. "Something sweet?"

"I'll have a cappuccino."

"I'll be right back," he says and walks to the counter to order. It takes a while and I can see him chat away with the girl at the counter and she can't stop laughing at something he possibly said. When he returns to our table he's holding a tray with two drinks and some snacks. I'm grateful for that because I'd been too nervous earlier that I'd skipped breakfast. He sets my coffee in front of me and I realise that instead of coffee, he's having tea.

"Thanks," I say, before taking a sip of my coffee.

"I like your eyes," he says as I set my cup on the table and I don't know what to say.

"Thanks," I say quietly and thankfully my phone vibrates at that very moment. I take it out of my pocket and see a text from Jimin asking me how it's going. I text him back that everything is fine and slid the phone back into my pocket.

"Boyfriend?" Jong In asks looking a little curious.

I shake my head, no. "I don't have have a boyfriend."

To that he smiles before he speaks. "Would you like to have one?"