Chapter 14: The Missing Clothes

Early morning.

Following the announcement from SM Entertainment about a contract signing fee that astounded everyone, Jessica became the talk of the town.

She wasn't trending because of a stage performance, but rather in a way that caught everyone by surprise.

The astronomical endorsement fee of 10 million dollars—sent shockwaves through the entertainment industry.

At the same time, King Game Studios also entered the public eye.

......

In the office of Oceanic Securities, laughter filled the air.

"Selling lingerie, playing the stock market, spending a fortune to be the sugar daddy..."

Edward Vanderbilt walked into the office, taking off his suit, unable to suppress a chuckle: "The kid's reputation is already a public joke among the heirs of the conglomerates."

"Jensen, you should have seen the expressions at the Uptown Business Council meeting just now."

Edward settled into the sofa, still laughing: "They kept bringing up the kid; old man's face turned green from being squeezed."

He was clearly delighted.

He couldn't help but feel happy.

At first, he thought there was some grand strategy at play.

After all, there have been cases in conglomerate families where the overlooked come out on top after playing dumb.

Edward had been concerned that Sebastian Vanderbilt from New York University might be that type.

He had focused on this for a whole year.

Turns out, Sebastian's talent might just be in academics.

He could rest easy now.

Soon, Edward asked, "How's the activity at that King Investment Studio these days?"

"It seems that King Studio received some kind of tip. Yesterday evening they suddenly started buying up stocks massively."

Charlotte, ever prepared, took out her notebook and said: "In one night, they bought short-term positions in 136 stocks and went long on two, selling all their previous short positions and combining the principal to invest in new markets, totaling about 10 million."

With that, Charlotte closed her notebook, adding: "These are only the domestic stock market figures; I can't get the foreign market movements."

"$10 million, that's bold. Aren't they afraid of losses?" Edward was taken aback.

Even as the second son of a conglomerate and managing director at Oceanic Securities, he would feel a sting at the thought of losing millions of money.

But then he figured, with such audacity, they must have a solid stock market analysis team behind them.

Their previous gains had already proven their success.

"Charlotte, withdraw 1 million from my personal account and follow their investment."

Edward smiled and instructed: "Invest under Theodore and Raymond's names, consider it pocket money for the kids."

He wanted to dip his toes in the water, to test it out.

If it proved successful, he'd consider upping the ante.

On the other side.

The so-called stock analysis team at King Studio, led by team member and captain Sebastian Vanderbilt, had arrived at the studio.