ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟾 : ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴇʀᴀ

Seeing my parents on their beds, next to each other brought a new level of nostalgia in me, as they welcomed their deaths, eyes closed, hands holding each other's.

My mamashree Karn had lost his life to old age, while his younger brothers had left for the Himalayas, handing bhratashree Prativindhy the throne.

I stood by as Aahana jiji sat next to bhratashree, who held her close, even as his own tears streaked his cheeks. Their children, sat around their grandparents, watching as life was finally taking away the souls of one of the most loved couple of Vajji.

I could only stand by, watching as my parents, they left this world. My jiji had her husband, my brothers,their wives.

Me on the other hand? All I had was my parents, vowing to not marry to care for those who looked after me when my own mother lost her life to protect me.

I, Maharani Madirakshi stand proudly as I welcome the new dawn with my siblings, the new age as Kaliyug finally began, with the drowning of Dwarika that followed my parents death.

They were in each other's hearts, as they closed their eyes simultaneously, having fallen ill of the same disease while helping the families suffering from a plague.

  ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Are we here? " Karunika asked and she and her husband looked around.

"You are mata. " Called a voice. Karunika turned around to see a small girl, barely of age, as she walked towards them.

Her age may have changed her face, but parents always remember their children.

" Madirakshi? " She whispered, the name though misleading but imprinted on her tongue as she embraced her in a warm hug.

Adam followed  pulling them both close. His heart now truly found a new level of peace,one mortality couldn't offer.

"We are home now mata. I'm with you and pitashree. " She whispered and they smiled.

They knew their children were capable strong leaders, they would be better leaders than they ever could be.

The three moved away towards oblivion, a love exchanged beyond time.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

I know... I know I promised a sequel, but this is the most I have been able to write here...

It may seem easy, but I cannot seem to think of what else to describe.

So, for now, their story is complete, their lives fulfilled.

If some day I have a bright inspiration, I'll put down a short chapter or two, but it is purely based in what I can think.

I apologize if I hurt anyone's expectations.

If you'd still like to read a mahabharat fic, seven in a world is waiting.. It promises a stronger plot, a better story line and definitely Kaliyugi magic.

Much love

Radhekrishn ♥

🎉 You've finished reading **✿❀ 𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 ❀✿** 🎉