Part 7

(© Akailia Roper)

The song in the media box in by Shinedown.

Quote for this chapter is:

'Envy is the art of counting other's blessings instead of your own.'

-Harold Coffin

7.

"You've been misbehaving often." His observation skills weren't so bad. It's true, I've been doing everything I could to get myself into trouble; maybe not one of my smartest ideas because everything I did resulted in a punishment that got increasingly worse each time I acted out of line.

But being punished came with a blessing in disguise. Although my face was all battered and swollen, my right wrist sprained while I'm sure my middle finger and my ring finger were broken, my left knuckles grazed and bleeding, and I'm sure I had a few broken ribs from being repeatedly kicked and punched in the same places.

It was worth it.

I was beaten so badly for my mistreatment of one of the most frequent clients. He was into something that wasn't allowed in the mansion. For the 'safety' of the boss's pets' drugs that were not distributed by the staff at the mansion was not allowed. He'd tried to force me to take some pills, but I refused, he persisted, and I became impolite. He held me down with his body while slapping me around, so I reached out with my arms and grabbed onto the first thing I felt.

It turns out the first thing I felt was a pair of scissors that were originally kept on the vanity table but were resting on the side table, ready for use. They had fallen to the floor in the struggle and before I knew it they were lodged in his right shoulder.

"I take care of you, and this is how you repay me?" He asked, anger was wrapped so tightly around his words it looked as if the pulsing vein in his forehead was somehow connected and would burst out of his face in a matter of moments.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled through my swollen lips. I wasn't sorry. That asshole deserved everything he got and more. I tried to keep the angry scowl from my face but only managed to do so because my features were now unrecognizable.

"You damn well better be!" He shouted. I flinched at the spittle that flew from his lips and the cuttingly sharp edge to his words. "Look at what you made us do to you, is this what you want from now on?" He asked gesturing to my broken form.

This feeling was so much better than having to be used by men that would never respect me. Knowing that my broken body was an excuse to get me out of servicing the scum of the earth, I forced my eyes downcast with the look of regret on my face, trying to hide my smile. With the state that I was in it would give me at least three weeks to recover, three weeks of almost blissful peace.

"Yes, I'll marry you!" The whole room erupted in cheers and applause as a stunning blonde nodded her head vigorously with tears streaming down her heart shaped face. She was dressed from head to toe in pure white-apart from her lips that were crimson. She beamed brightly at the crowd.

If any woman in this room said they weren't at least a little bit jealous of the smile she held on her lips or the twinkle of love and joy she looked at her fiancé with, they'd be lying through their teeth. Even I felt the obvious envy try to seep in before being quashed by my happiness for her. They hugged tightly in a sweet, tight embrace. I smiled as all the waiters and waitresses began doing their thing under the dim lights of the club.