Snuggles with M&M

Soft.

Everything is so soft.

Miguel is studying the sleeping face of his... counterpart? Twin? Self?

Dimension-jumping is weird.

Miguel had woken up before Mikey and lay in bed, grounding himself with the texture of everything. The smooth hammock beneath them, the fuzzy blanket with lint balls stuck here and there, and now the round, peaceful face merely an inch from him.

Gravity and the hammock's flexibility pull them into each other, so they're smushed together, limbs tangled, and Miguel prays he wasn't dreaming about Mikey's affinity for physical affection. They fell asleep cuddled up, instigated by Mikey. But what if he wakes up and pushes him off, calling him gross and dirty and weird and worthless because guys don't cuddle--?

Reaching out, his fingertips graze Mikey's cheek. That skin and peach fuzz... the hand withdraws and touches his own face. Is he really that soft?

Mikey's lashes flutter open to look at Miguel, flutter close to yawn. He smiles sleepily and cuddles closer to Miguel. "G'mornin'," his voice is so tired and yet so happy.

Miguel beams and nuzzles Mikey's head. Of course, Mikey would love cuddles. They're each other's alternate. Miguel's fears are further resolved when Mikey wraps his arms around Miguel and kisses his nose. Miguel nuzzles him and inhales his scent; Mikey smells like eucalyptus.

"I've always wanted to cuddle with myself," Mikey mumbles and nuzzles him back. "It's comfy. You comfy?"

"Uh-huh," Miguel closes his eyes and relishes the feeling of being hugged and kissed. "I've always wanted to cuddle with someone."

Mikey looks at him in surprise. "You've never cuddled before? Ever?"

"Never ever," Miguel's face blushes in embarrassment. "Everyone in my dimension thinks it's weird. Same with kissing n' stuff. They say it can't be platonic."

"Hmf! That's weird. They must be miserable."

"I know I was..."

"Don't worry, baby, I got your back!" Mikey squeezes Miguel more tightly and begins peppering his face in kisses. "Platonic affection is the absolute best!"

Miggy's cheeks hurt from smiling so much as Mikey finishes his attack of kisses with a tight squeeze and nuzzling their heads together. His heart feels so full--an unfamiliar but most welcome feeling.