chapter 1

I stood in front of the mirror, my fingers nervously smoothing down the folds of my white saree

I stood in front of the mirror, my fingers nervously smoothing down the folds of my white saree. Because we are going to my cousin's wedding. Actually he's my father's cousin brother's son. So he's my cousin also. 'Ahh Desi rishtedar ki list khatam hi nahi hoti.' Outside the door, I could hear my mother's voice, a constant stream of reminders and warnings.

"Naina, how much time will you take? We'll be late! Hurry up before your father starts panicking again!"

I sighed, rolling my eyes at the familiar refrain. "Just five more minutes, Ma!" I called back, trying to ignore the mounting pressure of time.

"Are you ready, Ma?" I asked, hoping to divert her attention away from my sluggishness.

"Yes, beta, we're all set," came her reply. "Your father and brother are waiting downstairs. If you don't come out in five seconds, I'm coming in!"

I chuckled at her threat, knowing she meant every word. But as I opened the door, her words caught me off guard, a mixture of praise and caution.

 But as I opened the door, her words caught me off guard, a mixture of praise and caution

                        Naina's outfit

"Wow, Naina, you look so beautiful beta, the white colour looking stunning on you." she said, her eyes lighting up with pride. "But remember, no mischief with Ritwik. I know you're only coming to this wedding because of him."

I scoffed at her accusation. "Of course, Ma, why else would I bother with this boring wedding?" I retorted, earning a playful glare from her.
"Alright, let's go before your father blows a gasket," she said, ushering me out of the room.

In the living room, my father was pacing back and forth, his agitation palpable. "Let's go, everyone! We're already running late!" he exclaimed, his voice tinged with frustration.

I tried to reassure him, knowing his penchant for punctuality was at odds with our family's relaxed approach to time. "Don't worry, Papa, we'll get there before the wedding starts. You know how our family functions are – always running on Indian Standard Time," I joked, hoping to lighten the mood.

"But beta, bhaiya and bhabhi already reached," he pointed out, his brow furrowing with concern.

I grinned, trying to ease the tension.and exited to meet Ritwik.
"Then papa hurry up, why are you wasting time in scolding us. Because of you Only we always gets late." I said
Papa starts laughing and we all also starts laughing.

                                 🦄

We finally reached at the location with so much chaos in car. And at entrance I saw Ritwik and I hugged him. His my buddy and my partner in crime in family. He loves me so much. All cousins including my brother jealous with our bond.  Then I touched the feet of tauji and taiji. They are kinda strict but they are so loving. My father really respect him. And saying bye to elders we just go to doing some fun. "Ritwik" yes he's older but I call him ritwik, no Bhai, because he's my buddy. Actually tauji don't like me calling him 'ritwik' but he ignored it because I'm ghar ka sabse chota baccha.
"Ritwik, let's congratulate the couple first, then we'll indulge in some delicious panipuri," I suggested, tugging at his arm eagerly. Together, we made our way to the stage to congratulate my cousin Anish and his newlywed wife, Jeevika. We exchanged hugs, posed for some quick photos, and showered them with blessings.

As we descended from the stage, I turned to Ritwik with a mischievous grin. "Did you arrange some drinks for us?" I asked, hoping to add a little more excitement to the evening.

Ritwik shot me a disapproving glare. "Are you crazy? If we get caught now, we're done for," he scolded, his tone laced with caution.

"Then why don't you bring them, since you'll be the one getting caught anyway," I teased, nudging him playfully.
"Haha aayi badi me hi launga, me koi nahi leke ane wala " he said teasingly.

"Oh, forget it. Why would you bring them anyway? You're not my Ayush. If he were here, he would've brought them by now," I said dramatically, referencing the ongoing rivalry between Ritwik and Ayush, both vying for the title of my best friend.

"Naina uss manhus ka naam mere samne mat le," Ritwik retorted, his annoyance evident. He made a move to playfully hit me, but I darted away, laughing as I ran.
And he keeps chasing me. And suddenly I collide someone, he had a pooja plate with marigold flowers in his hand and it blew on the plate and all the flowers fell on us.

I stumbled, reaching out for the stranger's hand for support, but he stood frozen, his gaze locked on me in stunned silence. Ritwik rushed to my side, helping me to get up as we both brushed off the flowers, ignoring the bemused onlooker.
With a shared glance and a shrug, Ritwik and I continued on our way, the incident already fading into the background as we headed towards the  Panipuri counter.
                             ******
.
.
.
.
.
.
How's the chapter???
And do you guys like Naina's character. I think she's full of fun character. And what do you think of ritwik's character. Let me know in comments.
Please vote, comment and share the chapter. And don't forget to follow me on Instagram and Wattpad your_sweet_sunflower 
See you at next chapter.
Byee...
Love you......