Chapter 44.

One year later.

Derek and I have been dating for a little over a year now. Olivia is almost two and my and Derek's relationship has been getting more serious.

I don't know how to describe it but it just feels more serious than it did a couple of months ago.

It all started after he and the kids went to New York to visit his mother.

He took Olivia with him which I was skeptical about but I trust Derek with the kids and everything was fine.

I think we this point in our relationship we would have moved in by now if we didn't have children.

I don't even know how our relationship would work if we made it that far or got married.

We have four kids in total which is a normal amount if you were married and had them in the marriage.

Derek has two kids with another woman, I have one child with another man and we have one child together, things have been complicated from the beginning.

Derek just got home with Olivia and the kids. I go outside and take Olivia from his car and kiss her cheek.

"I was just about to bring her to you," Derek says getting out of the car.

"I'm sure you were, I can take her now," I say.

"There is something you're going to be mad at me for," he says.

"Why, what'd you do?" I say. "Nothing, she did," he says placing his hand on Olivia's head.

"She spoke," he says. "What? In New York?" I say.

"Yes, I guess she missed you so much she learnt how to say your name," he says.

"Of course, she does it when you take her out of town," I say going to take her inside.

"Wait," he says putting his hands on my waist. "You only missed her and not me?" He says.

"Fine, I miss you a little," I say pressing my lips against his.

"I'm glad," he says kissing me again before I take Olivia into my house.

"Livvy's home!" Aaron says running over to me.

"Yes, she is," I say placing her down on the floor as she giggles.

Derek

"She's very pretty," my mom says getting out of the car.

"Yes, she is," I say. "You didn't tell her I was here did you?" She says.

"No, Meredith does do well with meeting new people let alone meeting her boyfriend's mother," I say.

"Hmm, are you going to ask her to marry you?" She says.

"I will, soon," I say. "How soon?" She says. "When I think she's ready. If we get married we move in together Christopher, Avery, Aaron, and Olivia have to live together, we both have to be one hundred percent ready for this kind of commitment," I say.

"Are you?" She says. "I am, but I don't know if Meredith is, I'll know when she is, she's almost ready but she doesn't that know, if I tell her she is or assume she'll freak and she'll run," I say.

"It seems like you know her very well," she says. "I do, and a part of her does too, her brain just denies it because it scares her," I say.

"Why is she so scared of being with you if it would make her happy?" She says.

"Her own parents couldn't love her, why should she believe I can?" I say.

"She loved her kids, it wasn't that they couldn't, they just didn't," she says.

"Either way she has to be ready before I ask her to marry me, if she's not ready it could ruin the relationship," I say.

"The kids seem hungry," she says, changing the subject.

"I'll feed them," I say. "No, I can cook for them, you can go spend time with your girlfriend," she says.

"I'm pretty sure she wants to spend her time with Olivia right now,"

"You plan on having any more kids with her?" She says. "I don't know, four kids is kind of a lot," I say.

"I raised five alone and you all turned out to be doctors," she says.

"You really want more grandkids?" I already have like ten," I chuckle.

"The more the merrier," she says. "I suppose," I say as we go inside.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Suggestions???