Chapter 45.

3 years later.

Derek proposed to me two years ago and we got married five months later.

We went to city hall with the four kids there.

Derek built us a house on a large piece of land. We moved in once the house was finished.

Christopher, Avery, Aaron, and Olivia got their own bedrooms and a few extra.

A couple of months after we got married I found out I was pregnant again.

We ended up having a little boy. Blake Donovan Grey-Shepherd, He's two years old now, Olivia is 4, Aaron is 7, Avery is 9 and Christopher is 13.

Olivia started school early this year, her preschool teacher said she was very intelligent for her age.

"She's spiking a fever, 103," I say as I walk into the kitchen. Olivia's been sick with the flu for the last couple of days.

"What about Blake, how is he?" He asks as he's making the kids something to eat.

"He's fine, he's coughing a little bit that's it. He's warm but not warm enough to be a fever," I say.

"But he's getting there," he says. "It's just a flu, kids get sick all the time," I say.

"Blake has never been sick," he says. "He has all his vaccines, his body is prepared for it," I say.

"None of the older kids are sick," he said. "Olivia got it from school and she gave it to Blake, that's all. They'll be fine in a week or two," I say.

"I should go to the bus stop. The kids will be there soon," he says checking his watch.

"Don't ask Avery too many questions, she's very moody lately, it'll start something and she'll come home crying," I say.

"She's been that way for the past few days. Do you think she could be going through puberty?" He asks.

"No, she's nine, it's possible but it's very unlikely," I say.

"Then what is it?" He asks putting on his coat.

"I'm moody all the time, it's called being a woman. We're just born like this, unfortunately," I smile.

"You should know, you grew up with four sisters, you were married. How are you just figuring this out now?" I giggle.

"I thought that was just because they were my annoying sisters and my ex-wife was a Bitch," he says.

"All women give off those, and all men are arrogant, egotistical, and misogynistic," I say.

"I'm not misogynistic," he says grabbing his car keys.

"All men are, even if you don't try. It's normal, I'm sexist too, just against men and not women," I shrug.

He looks at me confused before he gets his things and leaves out the front door.

I finish making the kids' food. I plate everything and bring their food into their room.

"Mommy, I don't want to eat," Olivia says as she sits up on her bed and I place the rest on her lap.

"I know, but you haven't eaten anything today. This is something light so it shouldn't make you sick," I say.

"You don't have to eat a lot just have to eat some of it," I say.

"Okay," she says. I kiss her head and leave her bedroom.

I take Blake's food from the kitchen and bring it into his bedroom. Blake also looks just like Derek and Olivia, with black hair and blue eyes.

I hand him his food in his bed and give him some more medicine before leaving his room and going into the living room.

Around twenty minutes later Derek comes home with Christopher, Avery and Aaron.

Derek feeds them and they go to their rooms. Derek comes into the living room and sits down next to me.

"Did Olivia and Blake eat anything?" He asks putting his arm around my back and pulling me into him.

"Olivia ate a little, not a lot. Blake ate most of it but his stomach started to hurt so he's taking another nap. Olivia threw up a little again, she's sleeping right now," I say.

"Hmm, how are you feeling, are you getting sick?" He asks. "No, I don't think so," I say.

"Are you sure?" He says placing his hand against my forehead and my neck.

"I'm fine," I say. "Good, I don't want you getting too," he says.

"Are any of the older kids sick?" I say. "Aaron said his stomach was hurting at school but it could be nothing or it could be a symptom," he says.

"You should give him some medicine, just in case so it doesn't get worse," I say.

"Okay," he says. He kisses my cheek and gets up and goes into the kitchen.

• The End •

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Thank you so much for reading my story! I hope you enjoyed. I have other stories that are in the working that I will be working on!

 I have other stories that are in the working that I will be working on!