That Evening part 2Chapter 12:

Elisabeth's POV:

I knew Glacier would worry about me. I could tell in her face. But I wanted to be alone.

***

I had Button trotting beside me. She was such a loyal dog. She stuck by me, even clipped on the leash. She could sense I was not myself and nuzzled me.

"I'm not okay, girl," I told the four-legged creature. "I had a bad day at school. Wish we could take you in with us."

Button whimpered and put her nose into my hand. She looked so sad.

"Let's go to a bench." I gently lead the dog out of eye sight of the houses.

Button followed me and didn't even pull back. She kept me in her sight, though. I sighed and found a bench. I sat down and sighed. Button sat at my feet, head in my lap. I tickled her behind the ears.

"So you are missing your mother, hey, girl?" I asked her.

Button whimpered, tears coming out her eyes. I looked sadly at her.

"I lost my dad," I told her. "I know what that feels like. But we have each other, girl! And we have the Bakers."

I heard another pattering of paws and saw Alaska. She looked concerned and trotted to me and Button. She sat at my feet, too.

"Glacier sent you?" I asked her. "I hoped she would."

The red husky looked at me and barked twice. Then she looked at Button. She sat down and looked at me, putting a paw on my knee.

"Oh, Wolfie," I said. "You don't have to come out."

Alaska gave me a look. As if to say Well Glacier sent me out. I giggled at her.

"I'm okay," I said truthfully. "Just wanted to clear my head."

"Elsa?" Came Glacier's voice.

"Find Glacier," I told Alaska. "Bring her here. She doesn't have her cane."

Alaska nodded and trotted to find her twin. I was glad that Glacier was coming. I did want her to follow me. But I didn't know she would go out without her cane.

"Ah, here you are," said Glacier as Alaska gently lead her to me. "Didn't get that far."

"How did you know I wanted you here?" I asked her, wrapping my arms round her. "Oh, Glace, you need to eat again."

I felt ribs as I hugged her.

"Well this is our bench," said Glacier. "And I know that we all always go here if we want alone time. But I can't let you be alone, love! My dad called."

"Did he?" I asked, feeling nervous.

"Don't worry," said Glacier. "He's not angry."

"Bet he's angry at Winter, though," I said.

Glacier nodded. Then Scarlet arrived with Shelby trotting beside her. She smiled at me.

"Are you okay?" She asked joining us. "Glacier told me you weren't."

"I guess," I said. "We are not in trouble?"

"No," said Scarlet. "But Winter is. Isn't she, Glace?"

Glacier nodded. "She's been excluded until after half-term."

I patted my lap for Shelby to give her cuddles. The dog leapt up and snuggled me. Scarlet sat down and petted her puppy.

"It feels safer having the dogs up with us," she said. "She gave me a lot of cuddles in the night."

"Aww," I said. "I bet when she grows, though, it would be your turn to curl up in her basket with her."

"True," said Scarlet.

Shelby started singing. Her husky howls sounding majestic. Button joined in and swished her tail. Alaska smiled in her dog like way and joined the dogs. The three of us giggled at them. They knew how to cheer us up!

———————

A/N:

Here is chapter 12. Hoped you lliked it.

Wolfie out!