65. Huh

"And what do they do?" I asked.

King was silent for a moment as he rubbed his chin.

"Do you really want to know?"

I looked at him confused.

"More now that you're acting all mysterious about it."

"Well, they organize everything that happens. But ever since they've gotten more powerful, they just... do their own thing."

"Which is?"

He went silent again.

"Where are those two with those drinks?"

"King, tell me. It can't be that bad!"

"Vera.... Oh Vera, why are you so innocent minded? Those two, Mr. Python and Ms. Asset, are serial rapists. Ms. Asset rapes and eats her victims while Mr. Python just tries to get as many young girls as he can pregnant."

I put one hand on my stomach and one over my mouth as I suddenly felt sick.

"See why I didn't wanna tell you?" He asked and I looked up at him.

"That's a sick joke to make. Why should you say that?"

"Because you asked. All I did was answer truthfully."

"And Grace knows about it all?" I asked.

"She's there half the time while it happens."

I'm going to throw up.

"Here! Sorry, we had to stab a person or two to get the last drinks. They're making more but we want them now." Lilac said handing me my drink and German gave King his.

They were both splattered with blood.

King handed me a straw and I drank under the mask.

The fruit punch was delicious but I still felt sick.

"Come on, let's go say hi to your dad and aunt!" Lilac said and tried to pull us over. "I'm sure they'll be thrilled to know you have a date you actually seem to care about."

"No, I don't want to introduce them. Maybe later."

Lilac looked confused.

God, she's gorgeous.

"Why? They've been asking about you."

King looked annoyed.

"Why?" He asked.

"They want to have you at their table with us all. We were gonna join them but German said we should wait for you."

"You guys can go. Have fun. I wanna show my date around."

I looked back at Ezra. The girl was making out with him and Liam was typing on his phone.

Of course, he told me they never liked each other, that liar.

Or maybe they're just bored?

That could be it too I guess.

I looked at King's dad. He seemed to feel eyes on him and looked over.

He smiled and stood up.

"Shit!" I hissed and looked for somewhere to hide.

"What? Ugh, great."

"Should I take her and go?" German asked as Martin walked over.

"No, it would look weird. Just don't say anything." King looked at me.

I nodded as Martin reached us and hugged his son.

"You made it, I was starting to think you wouldn't show. Who's this?"

"My date."

"What's your name?" Martin asked then laughed. "You do know this one's name, right? Do you have a condom on you? Remember, I don't care what you do as long as you're safe." Martin ruffled his son's hair.

"Dad!"

"Here. Just in case. Do you guys want some too?" Martin dug into his pocket and pulled out a handful of condoms." Lilac and German took some quickly with a thank you.

"Dad, stop it!"

"Aw, come on now, Kingly, I'm not trying to embarrass you. You just don't want to contract something or get someone pregnant. Remember, ones you go into the back door, you can't go into the front door without changing rubbers."

"DAAAAD!"

I held my face in embarrassment.

"Here, take all of them." King's dad put all the condoms in his hand. "If you need me to bring you more, just text me and I'll bring them to you."

"Stop it! You're embarrassing both of us!" King said as I buried my face into his back.

"There's no shame in being safe! And I'm just looking out for you!"

"Okay, thanks dad. Please leave now!" King said taking the condoms.

"But you haven't introduced us yet!"

Damn it.