40

lando's pov

-

I stared at the sent text message on the screen of my phone. Not able to be delivered once again. All of my messages had went undelivered. Just like all my phone calls had went unanswered.

Every day that went without speaking to her, a piece of me crumbled away. I wasn't sure how to really feel. Desperate, sad, overwhelmed. It was all too much, so I wanted to just not think about it at all. I wanted to feel numb to it.

But it was impossible not to think about her.

Giana was everywhere.

Her books, her plants, her music sheets. There wasn't a corner of the apartment that was untouched by her. I always loved that but right now it was the one thing that was hurting the most.

Feeling like I was so close to her but also impossibly far.

I mean, it wasn't too far. All it would take would be a flight to Mexico to talk to her but that wasn't right. Space was what she wanted and that's exactly what I would give her.

There wasn't anything that I wouldn't do for her. If my presence was causing her pain, then I wouldn't force her to be near me.

It didn't take long for me to figure out where she was.

There was one place Giana would always return to whenever she wanted to get away. I'm sure this was one of those moments. Therefore, she had to be with her mom.

Nobody had confirmed it but I felt it. She was in Guadalajara at her mom's house.

I wasn't even trying to get her to speak to me, I just wanted to know how she was doing.

A small knock on my bedroom door interrupted me from my thoughts. Ignoring it, I assumed Max would go away. That turned out to not be true as I heard another loud knock on the door. I still chose to ignore it again. However, once the banging on the door started, annoyed, I stood up to open it. "What Max?!"

I was surprised when I saw Ria looking up at me as she stood in the door frame.

Once the shock wore out, I directed my gaze to Max who was standing behind her in the hallway. "You called Ria? Seriously?!"

I heard Ria mumble something under her breath. "Nice to see you too Lando"

Max said nothing as he gave me a smug look.

I started to close the door on them and retract to my room but before I got a chance to fully shut the door, she stopped it with her foot.

"No."

Glaring at her, I didn't have a chance to react when she was barging into my room. She walked over to the untouched plate of food on my nightstand. Walking over to me, she extended the plate out to me.

"Eat."

"I'm not hungry" I shook my head.

"It's been a while, you're definitely hungry."

My protests were useless, she wasn't giving up. "You want me to leave you alone?" She then asked.

"All I've wanted is to be left alone."

"I'm not getting out of your room until you eat." She replied as she took a seat on my bed.

Rolling my eyes, I took the plate from her and listened.

It wasn't until I ate a decent portion of the food that Ria was satisfied and left me alone once more.

-