Chapter 3

Your pov:

I walked down the hallway to grab my bags for my hockey session. Today was the first practice of the season and I won't lie, I was excited. Apart from hockey, I decided to join the drama club. I knew it would be very overwhelming but I mean, it added more things to my portfolio for university so I took every opportunity I could.

As I made my way to the locker room, I ended up bumping into Bradley.
"Oh hey y/n." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly and I sighed.
"Hi." I wasn't interested in seeing where this conversation was heading to so I opted to walk away but he stopped me by grabbing my hand.

"Y/n I-" I immediately snatched my hand back and he cleared his throat.
"Look, I have to go somewhere." He looked down but looked back up at me.
"I just wanted to say sorry for what happened the other day, I-"
"Was a coward? Yeah, I got the picture already, now if you'll excuse me, I have to go."

I left him without another word, and rushed to the locker rooms. Once I got to the locker room, I was greeted by a few girls.
"Hey y/n, it's good to see you back." Cara, one of the girls I'd known on the team, greeted me.
"Yeah it's good to be back." I turned to open one of the lockers before placing my stuff inside.

I had about twenty minutes to change before I had to be out there on the field. I grabbed my clothes and began changing before I placed the stuff I didn't need away in my locker. After grabbing my hockey stick and ball, I quickly walked to the field where I saw a group of girls sitting. Cara waved for me to come sit with her so I did.

"So are you still going for center forward?" She asked me and I chuckled a little.
"Maybe, I guess we'll just have to see."Soon enough all the girls were there but our coach wasn't. I was beginning to get impatient and all of a sudden, Harper ran outside before she stopped right in front of me.

"What is up with you? Why are you running? You never run." Harper scoffs and stands up straight.
"I do run."
"You're a cheerleader and I've never seen you step foot on the field. I dont even know whether I'd see you run during pep rallies." I say and Harper nudges my shoulder with her hand.
"I run when I have to run."
"Whatever, what are you doing here anyways?"

"I came to tell you that the hockey coach quit." All of the girls including myself look at Harper with shocked expressions on our faces.
"What? And why are we only being informed now?"
"Yeah apparently she resigned with immediate effect. Turns out she's moving to Australia or something. I don't know."

"So what now? I mean hockey can't be over." One of the girls replied and I agreed. I mean I couldn't say much cause I just got back but I agreed with her.
"I never said hockey is over... Then again I never even finished my sentence." Harper goes on with her ranting and some of the girls get annoyed with her.
"You have a new coach."

"Who?" Cara asked and I turned back to look at Harper.
"Romanoff." WHAT?!
"No fucking way." I said and she nodded her head.
"Why do you think I ran all the way here?" I can hear all the girls mumbling their disagreements but all I could think of at that exact moment was that I'd probably embarrass myself in front of the redhead.

Seriously my chances at embarrassing myself in front of the older woman went from 0.1 to 1% Great! Now she wouldn't take me seriously anymore. We heard someone clear their throat and we turned around to see Mrs Romanoff standing in front of us with a bag in her hand and a clipboard.

Harper began to slowly walk away which failed because she ended up tripping, getting all of our attention. I tried really hard not to laugh at her but it was impossible with the way she was limping away.
"Alright. Now I apologize for being late. This was a very last minute decision so I do apologize." Romanoff apologizing? That's a shocker.
"However don't think you can be late to practice because I don't accept tardiness." Yep, there she is.