𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚘

(Yuki's POV)

I woke up to being blinded in the face by gleaming beams of sunlight. I raised my hand to try and block the light from my face, however it seamed like no matter my hand placement, I always seemed to still be blinded.

Reluctantly, I sat up in bed to get ready for the day. Before I started to do anything productive, I looked through my notifications and posts I had been tagged in on social media.

There was nothing of importance that I need to reply to or anything like that; so, still not wanting to get up just yet, I opened to orange and white application to continue writing my chapter.

They were like this for a while until the door flew open and Katerina walked in. She stood in the door way and looked between the two on the bed. She rolled her eyes and walked further into the room.

"I should probably go now." Yuki said getting off the bed and walking past Katerina towards the door.

"Bye Yuki," she politely said "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye guys. See you then." Yuki said closing the door on his way out.

Pierre's girlfriends were always polite to him, no it matter how the media portrayed them, they were always some of the sweet people I have met.

Just another reason why Pierre and I could never be. He deserves to be with someone who is poised, elegant and mannered. Something I could never be.

Pierre hesitantly pulled his eyes away from Yuki as he left the room, and reached for the TV remote to pause the movie.

"I'm guessing you know what I wanted to talk about." Katerina said, coming to sit on the edge of the bed next to Pierre. He nodded. "I support you in whatever you have going on with Yuki," Pierre opened his mouth to object, but Katerina kept talking. "And I don't want to get in the way of that. You're a great guy Pierre. You're smart and funny and kind, but I don't think you like me as much as you do Yuki. But I hope we can stay friends, and of course I'll still go to your race tomorrow, and I'll continue to support you, but we aren't meant to be together." She looked at him with a smile.

"You've got it all wrong though. I mean it's fine if you want to break up with me, we can stay friends, but there's nothing going on with Yuki." He told her nervously.

"Really, Pierre? You're basically lying to my face right now. I could be wrong but I don't believe most friends cuddle with each other under a blanket, basically laying on top of each other, while watching a movie." Pierres face was bright red, he just knew it.

When I went over the other day, nothing of this sort happened. It was only a quick exchange of words sitting around the room, rather than cuddling up and watching a movie.

My brain was starting to blur the lines of fiction and reality, and I cant tell if I love it or hate it.

"Come on. It was just this one time, he was just trying to cheer me up. And anyways, I'm not gay." Pierre shot back, attempting to defend himself.

"One time?" Katerina raised her eyebrow. "Pierre I could write a ten page essay on the reasons I have to believe you like him. The way you look at him is the biggest reason. You don't even look at me that way!" She realized she was getting worked up and took a deep breath to calm herself down before continuing. "Listen, it's probably hard for you to admit this to yourself, or maybe you just don't want to tell anyone, but I can tell you love him. I won't pry anymore, but if you ever want to talk to someone about it, I'm always here." She didn't wait for a response. She just stood up, gave him a quick smile, grabbed her bag, and left to go to her own hotel room.

Pierre was in shock. He didn't know what to think. He was sure that his feelings for Yuki were purely platonic, there wasn't anything there. And plus, Yuki wouldn't like him back. Sure Yuki flirted with him nonstop, but that was just for the media. That was just to give the fans what they want. Pierre was sure there was no deeper meaning behind it.

Somehow, a healthy way to deal with my feeling felt like it was hurting more than it was helping. It only made me feel like nothing I could do would be good enough, not only for Pierre but for anyone. How could anyone love me?

I felt the tears stream down my face, stinging the more I carried on. The path they left felt like someone was rubbing salt in my nonexistent wounds.

After sitting on my hotel room bed for a few minuets crying, I made the decision I was done feeling sorry for myself.

I got up off my bed, and went to go get ready for my day.

Once I had gotten ready, I started to pack my bags. It was now Tuesday, the last Grand Prix had just been held, the summer break had officially started.

I had fully packed my bags, including my carry on. I placed my bags by the dirt and took my laptop from my carry on bag.

Loging in, to look up what flights were leaving today that would land in a place of interest. I scoured the list of flights for a few minuets before one caught my eye.

Flight 483: Abu Dhabi —> Milan

Purchasing my ticket, I look at the time. My flight leaves at 16:45, it was currently 14:45. I had two hours to kill before I was located in a place that remained my of Pierre and could take a breather for the glitz and glamor from the world of Formula One.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1008 words

I'm sorry this took longer than expected, school went back yesterday so I'm still trying to rebalance everything.

I reckon in about two chapters time I'm going to switch POVs, so sorry for anyone who was expecting to see Pierre's POV.

Who ready for the Miami GP? I'm already getting the edits and they're so good! Although, for me, it's at ABSOLUTELY shit times, not to mention it spands Saturday to Monday. 2am, 6am, 1:30am, 5:30am and 5:30am.

Also, news about Newey???? He wasn't meant to be able to sign with a team till 2027, but his lawyers somehow managed to release him after 2025?!

Anyways, enjoy my lovelies!
~🏎️💨