𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

(Yuki's POV)

The flight was six and a half hours long, in four of those hours, I primarily slept whilst enjoying the amenities that are given out by the flight attendants. The walls of my podded seat were white with bright luminescent light that light up the space, giving it a clean, sleek, and modern, look and feel.

The two and a half hours that I didn't spend asleep, I couldn't help my excitement that was bubbling up. The fact that I was so close to being able to clear my head and think about how I would be able to tell Pierre about my feelings. Even in my fantasy world that I had made up of us, where I could be anyone and do anything, I was still too weak and scared to tell him.

The fans only make it worse though. I know most, if not all, of our fans ship us together. Whilst I don't care that they do it, it screws with my mind.

And yeah, some fans liked the idea of the two of them being together, but he knew not everyone would be supportive, but it would be extremely distracting if they got together and tried to keep it a secret, and Pierre didn't want to be distracted. Being distracted leads to underperforming at races, and underperforming at races is how you get fired. Pierre definitely didn't want to get himself or Yuki fired.

And what would the other drivers think of him? What would his friends and family think of him? It all seemed like too much to handle just for some silly little crush. Not that I do have a crush on Yuki. He reminded himself. Just hypothetically.

He lay in bed for a while staring at the ceiling, trying to think of something to distract himself from everything going on, like "I hope I do good in tomorrows race." And "I wonder what Yuki originally came here to tell me. I'll have to ask him tomorrow."until finally sleep hit him.

Even if this was my fantasy world where anything could happen, I have to bring my story back to have elements that actually happened. Otherwise, Knowing myself, I'll get carried away and the fine line of fantasy and reality will blur.

He finished the race in twelfth. Not that great. He had been distracted, and he knew he could have done better if he hadn't been thinking of Yuki the whole time. Yuki had finished seventh, and Pierre was happy for his teammate, and made sure to congratulate him.

"Yuki!" He shouted across the garage when he saw Yuki. As soon as Yuki saw him, he ran over to Pierre.

"You did great out there man!" Pierre congratulated him, giving him a smile and a hard pat on the back.

"Thanks, but what happened last night? With Katerina? You never told me." Yuki replied.

Not too keen on saying this out in the open, in case the wrong person heard the wrong thing, he grabbed Yuki's hand and led him to his drivers room.

But I cant help myself and get carried away. It's not like anyone will know. as long as I'm careful with what I up out publicly.

"I was right. She wanted to break up." He said with a frown.

"Why?" Yuki questioned.

"She said that you and I-" Pierre cut himself off. I can't tell him that! "Uhmmm-she said-uh-" He was frantically trying to get himself out of an awkward conversation.

"What did she say about us? What do I have to do with anything? Pierre if I'm the reason she left you I'm so so sorry." Yuki had a troubled look on his face as he plopped himself down on the couch.

"No, no, it's not you." He comforted Yuki by taking his hand as he sat down next to him. "You had nothing to do with it, seriously. It's not your fault. Listen, it's not even that important why, and she said that she doesn't want to stop being friends, so it doesn't matter. Honestly, it's probably better this way." He squeezed Yuki's had reassuringly as he stood back up.