prologue

2 months after the collider incident of earth-1610

earth-102

I jog up the stairs to my apartment after a long ass day of school. I'm the only home,as usual. My parents are pretty...distant.My Dad is usually in some far off country on a business trip and my mom works long hours doing scientist stuff at Alchemex.I unlock the door and make a beeline for my bedroom before slumping on my bed.

The familiar decor,welcomes me. Sage green walls decked out with posters,my record player perched on my desk in the corner of the room and my collection of records right next to it.My plushies are sitting comfortably on my white bedsheets.I sigh,softly. I would kill for a nap right now.

My eyelids are slowing falling shut but of course just as soon as they do my spidey senses tingle. I shoot up from my bed...
bad idea
...and wait for the dizziness to fade before grabbing my mask from under my bed. Literally under my bed. As in tucked under one of the frames.

But before we continue let me introduce myself. My name is Ivy Bridges and I have been you're average neighbourhood Spiderwoman for 2ish years. I swing around, kickass and still live the life of a 15 year old girl on top of that.

I yank my mask over my face and quickly put on my suit. The white accents and spider stick out against my midnight blue suit. I jump out the window and send a web at the building right across mine. As it draws me closer I look around and see your average villain of the week. Some guy stealing a purse and making a run for it on a street lined with restaurants.

I swing close by and stick out my leg, kicking him square in the jaw. He stumbles backwards and clutches his jaw,dropping the purse before letting out the whiniest "owwwwww" I've ever heard. I almost tease him. Almost.

I web him to the nearest wall and pluck the purse off the ground.I hand it to the woman, who thanks me profusely. I give her a friendly "you're welcome ma'am" and notify the police about the incident.

I swing onto a roof and stop for minute. The sun is setting and I take in the view. Since I'm already out and the sleepiness dipped the minute I got up I decided to go on patrol. I leap backwards off the building and swing further into Brooklyn.

Meanwhile on Earth-42

Miles, decked out in his Prowler suit, slowly makes his way down the hall.The sun had set hours ago, leaving a chilly night in it's wake. He slowly crept towards a room labled 'supplies' and pushed the door open. If he wasn't drowing in the smell of hospital before,he definitely was now.

All the equipment(syringes, trays, bags etc) was neatly packed, as expected of a private hospital, only available to the richest and most influential  residents of Brooklyn. He filled a bag with the equipment.

He'd been stealing from the hospital for months and dropping off the equipment at his mom's hospital after. Everyone at her hospital assumed it came from a generous anonymous donor, which it kind of did except he stole the stuff first.

It's not like the assholes that get treated here would care about some missing stuff anyways,and his mom's hospital could really use the help. Actually,most of the hospitals around here could.

Once he finished loading up the bag he picked it up and left the way he came in. No one noticing him at all.

Earth-102

I swing back into my room,just after 10pm dead tired and slump onto my bed again. Patrol was very eventful today and I ended up with little scratches and bruises littered all over my body.

I roughly pull my mask off and lay still for a minute. Just as I am about to get up and finish my homework, my whole room starts vibrating.

Everthing is shaking and begins floating, myself included.What the flip. I keep rising up and a fucking portal opens up on my roof. I quickly send a web to the floor and one to my bed, trying to keep myself from getting sucked in.

The force of the portal tugs me, snap! The web on my bed breaks. I feel myself move closer to the portal and I put both hands on my remaining web.

I can feel the pull of the portal get stronger and the tension on my web increase. Shit. It's gonna bre- snap! The web snaps and I quickly launch another one to my mask and phone before I get sucked into the portal.