chapter 1

One second I'm in a portal with bright colours rushing past me and the next, I'm flung out of it at a crazy fast speed.

I don't even realise it until I land on a rooftop.A harsh landing,on my back.The impact paired with my enhanced strength leaves a me-shaped dent in it. I groan.

That hurt like a bitch.

Honestly I just lay in my dent for a minute disoriented and in pain for I don't know how long. But eventually I turn over and crawl out of the dent, taking in my surrounds for the first time.

There is maximum 3 stars in the sky and there are clouds of smog floating up into the sky too. I can't help but feel on edge as police sirens blare far away and a chunk of the dark building next to me slowly crumbles. The atmosphere of this dimension is....tense.

It's so different from home...home is peaceful minus the Spiderwoman/police-requiring ordeals and the technology keeps the environmental waste in check. It isn't half as gloomy as it is here either. What happened here?

I know back home they were experimenting with inter-dimensional travel but..random portals taking people wherever? Alchemex seriously needs to get it together and I need to find this dimensions Alchemex and get back.

I slowly stand up, still aching and look around. My spidey senses tingle and I turn,quickly. Suddenly a figure is flying straight at me with a metal-clad fist aimed at my face.

I drop onto the floor and the figure flies over me before rolling onto the rooftop. We're standing across each other like one of those cowboy showdowns.

The figure is wearing a suit, purple and black with metal in a few places. It's mask looks kinda digital with purple 'slits' for eyes. The Prowler. But not my Prowler.

He runs up and jumps at me again, this time with his one arm pulled back,ready to scratch.I shoot two webs at him and swing him into a vent.He looks shocked. Flabbergasted actually.

I web him to the vent. "That was rude" I comment on his behaviour. He still looks shocked. If I could see his jaw it eould definitely be dropped.

We just stare at each other for a minute before he asks "How did you do that?" It comes out robotic and a little distorted; as if he's using a voice changer.

"How did I do what?" I reply,tilting my head. I imagine he rolled his eyes under the suit.

"Those...web-like strings. How did you make those....and how are they so strong?" He clarifies. He sounds a little curious,albeit annoyed.

"Huh. No villain has ever asked how I make these before" I reply. "Well actually...they're organic. My body makes 'em and the come out of teeny tiny holes in my wrists" I grin.

He gives me a deadpan look. "Seriously?"

"What?" I ask with a slight head tilt.
"You really expect me to believe that" he sounds more irritated with every sentence. "And why are you wearing that ugly ass costume."

I let out a gasp. "First of all my suit is beautiful and top-of-the-line and secondly why would you not belive that. Isn't your Spiderwoman the same?" I ask, very much offended and shocked at his audacity.

"Why do you keep talking about spiders? And the fuck is Spiderwoman? Are you crazy?" he lets out, exasperated.

"You're joking. Tell me your joking" I say as I start to get worried. There's no way this dimension doesn't have a Spiderwoman right? I can't be the only one.

"Does it sound like I'm joking" even with the distorted voice I can tell that he's gritting his teeth.

"I..." the words die in my throat. "You really don't know who Spiderwoman is?" I ask, my confidence beginning to falter.

"No. I don't" he strains against the webs.

I feel myself stumble. Shock is the best word to describe what I'm feeling right now.

I'm the only Spider-person? There's no way.

I take a deep breath.

This is just one dimension out of thousands...there has to be someone else like me out there. There has to.

"Hey crazy! Are you done yet?"

His voice pulls me out of my thoughts. "For the record I'm not crazy. I'm just from another dimension" I mutter.

"First it's Spiderpeople,now it's inter-dimensional travel... you need a doctor!" He shouts.