Chapter 5: Sorry-

NISHI'S POV

"How's your studies, Mikhael?" Dad asked while wiping his mouth. Napahinto ako sa pagkain.

"Great, dad. I already submitted my projects and I studied in advance." I simply answered at pinagpatuloy ang pagsubo.

Dad, Yesha, and I are currently having our dinner here at Royale Cuisine. Mom is not with us kasi may business trip siya without dad.

He looked at Yesha. Nakuha naman ni Yesha what dad wants. "I still topped the dean's list, dad. I've been preparing for our finals." She said. I can sense nervousness from the way she said it. Dad only hummed in response.

"I don't want failure. You are carrying our name, 'wag na 'wag niyong ipahiya ang pinaghirapan ng ating pamilya. Did I make myself clear?" He said with full authority in his voice. I emotionlessly looked at dad, then to my sister.

"Yes, dad." We both answered in unison.

I drank my glass of wine when dad's phone rang. He looked at his phone to know who the caller was before he excused himself to answer it. I turned my head to my sister right after dad left.

"Yesha, is something bothering you?" She looked at me, trying to maintain her facade.

"Hm? I'm completely ok, kuya." She answered then she smiled at me. I reached her hand na nakapatong sa ibabaw ng mesa. It's cold and slightly sweaty.

"Look, you know you can tell kuya if something is wrong right? I won't force you to open it up to me, but please, always remember that kuya is with you." I softly said and gave her a sweet smile. Napansin ko naman na kumalma siya ng 'onti, then she hesitantly looked at me.

"K-kuya, a-actually, there is something that I want to open up to you." Humigpit ang paghawak niya sa kamay ko. I caress her hand with my thumb, assuring her.

"Do you remember that time na tinawag ako ni mom sa office niya? She scolded me that time because one of my grades dropped. But minor lang naman 'yon, eh! From 98 to 97, it just dropped by 1. I'm so tired na, kuya." She said, at napapansin ko talaga ang pagod sa mga boses niya. She raised her head, and there I saw how she held her tears from falling. I stroked her hand gently while just showing her my sweet smile.

Seeing her like this makes me weak. I can't cry because I don't know how to cry. All I can do is to assure her that I will be by her side whatever happened.

"Ok, ok, now listen to me. I definitely don't want to say na magiging ok lang ang lahat kung 'di naman talaga magiging ok, hanggat dala natin ang pangalan na'to. But kuya will always be with you. Also, you did great! 97? Not everyone can have that grade! You did your best, there's nothing wrong with that. Kuya is so proud of you, Yesh. Very!" She looked at me, with a big smile.

Tumayo ako para lumapit sa kanya, then I hugged her tightly. God, I love my sister so much that I would do anything for her happiness. Ok lang kahit sa'kin nalang mapunta lahat ng pagod at sakit, I just want her to be free.

"You're really the best kuya in the world! I love you so much kuya." She softly said while still hugging me. I chuckled at ginulo buhok niya, slight lang.

"Kuya!" She jokingly slapped my shoulder. I went back to my seat because napansin kong pabalik na si dad dito.

"I assume that you're done. Let's go, I have an emergency meeting." Dad said the moment he reached here. He fixed his coat before naunang naglakad palabas, we followed.

It's already 1:00 am and I have a class at 8:00 am, but I still need to study and finish my pending plates. I barely got any sleep these past few days. Buti nalang at sanay na ako sa ganitong set-up.