III - BOND

Jin could remember (Y/N) vividly.

Two children sat beside eachother on the playground, their smile as bright as ever. The little boy, namely Jin, turned to look at the girl as little (Y/N) stared straight ahead as she talked.

     The sunset shone down on the girl's face, a smile across her face. She was just as beautiful as she was.

Though they had to bid farewell to each other as Jin's mother found him on the playground again. The slim, intimidating woman dressed so beautifully as she walked towards them with a cold glare directed to (Y/N).

     "Why are you playing with such imbeciles, huh?! Didn't I teach you your lesson?!" The woman shouted as she dragged the boy away from (Y/N), the little girl could only give him a sympathetic look.

Inside the house, Jin was thrown down to the ground, the maids flinching as they watched the woman's menacing actions.

The little boy was beaten up and abused by his mother as little Rin could only look at him with tears in his eyes.

     "Play with that girl again and I'll kill her." The women spat out. Jin's face turned pale.

No. He can't let that happen to
her—his remaining happiness and comfort in this world he lived in. He can't.

And so, Jin avoided the girl. He didn't want for (Y/N) to be...killed. Jin was young though his mind was beyond his years. He knew that her mother's mother's wasn't just a threat, it was a promise. One that Jin feared so drastically.

     And before Jin knew it, their family was moving out of town. Jin was devastated and scared. Scared that..he would lose (Y/N) forever.

One day, (Y/N) managed to come to their house just before they were on their way to leave. She strided towards the boy, her eyes filled with concern.

     "W-Where are you going..?!" She said, as her eyes held worry and somehow sorrow.

"We're moving out." Jin replied, his gaze lowering to the ground.

"You're going away??" (Y/N) asked, her eyes on the brink of crying. "When are you going back?!" She cried out.

     Jin's heart shattered for the girl, seeing how sorrowful and sad her expression was.

"I..don't know." He said, then feeling
(Y/N)'s arms wrap around him as she cried.

     Their moment was then broken by a certain woman, her slim yet forceful hands ripping them away from each other. "Go to the car." She said to Jin, her voice cold. Jin quickly obliged with no hesitation, though sending (Y/N) one last glance.

The woman stepped forward, her tall figure looming over (Y/N). "Stay away from my son. You won't even want to know the results if you do not do so." She stated coldly, then gracefully walking away from the little girl's frozen form.

     The little girl rushed to the car, crying out. "Jin..! Please come back..!" She cried out, the little boy only looking at her with sadness in is eyes.

And as the car became more and more out of sight, (Y/N) sat there crying.

***

It was another weekday and unfortunately for (Y/N), the current subject was Mathematics—a thing she despised so much.

But (Y/N) was a bit grateful for the professor, Mr. Maviz. And it was Thursday so it was a day she had to stay and have to be tutored by the professor. Their schedule was always the same. During lunch, Mondays and Thursdays.

     Though (Y/N) wasn't always one to adore or like anybody, Mr. Maviz was certainly an exception. The man wasn't too far from her age, considering it was just his 3rd year of teaching.

But (Y/N) was attracted—though not romantically. Mr. Maviz was a good person. He noticed the way (Y/N) was struggling to keep up, therefore making an effort to help (Y/N). The man was just overall kind and thoughtful, not to mention, handsome.

     He had this beautiful chestnut brown hair, along with his emerald green eyes. He was the epitome of pure kindness along with perfection. And with his compassion for his students, (Y/N) adored him for that.

The bell rang, indicating lunch. As everybody packed their things, (Y/N) went to the seat across Mr. Maviz's desk along with her textbooks and notes.

     "So, where did we stop again?"
Mr. Maviz asked, giving (Y/N) that usual gentle smile of his.

The girl pulled out her textbook, showing it to the professor. "Here," She said, returning the smile that Mr. Maviz gave her.

     With that, the professor discussed the lesson to the girl. (Y/N) was a hardworking and smart student—Maviz knew that. He could always see her listening attentively even though she was struggling to keep up, he would often see her at a local pastry shop, seeing how she worked hard to survive and support herself. With those facts, it only urged him more to help the girl.

After some discussion and examples, he then turned to face the girl who was taking notes.

"Do you think you get it now?" He asked.

     "I think I do." (Y/N) replied, giving the professor a nod. "Thank you always Mr. Maviz!" She said with a bright smile.

She then pulled out a lunchbox, the man doing the same.

They were eating lunch together, chatting and laughing with one another. Maviz noticed how (Y/N) was always cold and inattentive to other people despite the usual smile she gave them, therefore being grateful that he could break her nonchalant wall and laugh with her casually.

And as their wholesome and happy moment took place, Rin was watching them from afar.

     His expression was one of shock and...anger? He felt disheartened and broken, though he didn't know the reason why. But one thing he knows, he doesn't like this professor.

____________________ ° ° °

HI!!
PLZ DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!!
IF U HAVE SUM THINGS U THINK IS INTERESTING TO ADD TO THE STORY, PLZ LET ME KNOW!! ><