Chapter 37

A/N POV

Suddenly, a hand lands on his shoulder, jolting him from his thoughts. He rises from his chair, eyes betraying a silent fear as he turns to face the person behind him.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The room blurred for a moment, and then he saw her the woman who haunted his nightmares, who run his whole childhood . His mother.

Memories flooded back the harsh words, the clenched fists, the nights spent cowering in fear. She had been his tormentor, the architect of his childhood nightmares. His breath hitched, and he closed his eyes, silently shaking with dread.

But then, like a lifeline, other images surfaced. His Taehyung's warm smile, encouraging him to be brave. His noona's unwavering support, urging him to break free. His hyung's protective stance, shielding him from harm. And his friends, their laughter echoing in his mind, reminding him that he was not alone.

He take a deep breath, now he is ready, ready to face whatever demons came his way. His beautiful family had given him strength-the kind that could conquer even the darkest memories.

Soon he opened his eyes, facing his mother with a cold resolve.

Kook: Who are you? [ His voice was steady, devoid of the tremors that once plagued it.] And what do you.

Hearing Jungkook cold and rough voice Mrs. Lee flinched a little but she put a fake sad face looked at Jungkook with hurt eyes.

Mrs. Lee: Jungkook, its me your mother. [ she whispered, her voice trembling.]

Hearing her Jungkook scoffed, bitterness rising like bil.

Koook: Mother? {His tone dripped with disdain.} You lost that title a long time ago.

Mrs Lee : I know I hurt you, Jungkook But I've changed. I've sought help. Please, let me explain. [ she said looking at kook sanding some crocodiles tears.]

Hearing her Jungkook laugh ,His laughter echoed through the party drawing curious glances from other patrons.

Kook: Explain? You think a few therapy sessions can erase what you did? {He leaned in, his voice low and venomous.} You're a master manipulator, Mrs. Lee You've perfected the art of deception.

Meanwhile

Hearing Jungkook laugh Karishma, Taehyung, yoongi ,jihope, namjin , Jenlisa, jhope and Mr and Mrs. Kim looked towards his direction. Soon their eyes got widened when they noticed Mrs. Lee standing near him, They all about to go towards Jungkook but Karishma and Taehyung stopped them.

Km/tae: let him face her , this time he have to fight with his fear .

Back to Jungkook and Mrs. Lee

Listening Jungkook words Her eyes widened . she reached her hands and holds Jungkook hands.

Mrs.Lee :I was broken too, Jungkook. I- .

Kook: broke me. { he finished for her.} You stole my innocence, shattered my trust. And now you want redemption? {he said before pulling his hands away, wiping his palms on his jeans.} You're not even capable of genuine remorse.

Her eyes widened, desperation etching deeper lines on her face.

Mrs Lee: I love you. Son. I've always loved you.

Jungkook leaned back, studying her.

Kook: Love? Your love was a twisted game. You reveled in my pain.{He leaned closer, his voice a dangerous whisper.} You know what I remember most? The smell of alcohol on your breath, the way your eyes glazed over as you hurt me.