twenty two

jake sim

"Come on! Don't be like that."

It takes all of you to not roll your eyes at your needy boyfriend. He was excited to be back to racing after such a long time and this was just pure adrenaline, if you can even call it that. He had brought it up a few nights ago over dinner.

It's been a year. Actually scratch that. A year and five months. Which is basically two if you stop and think about it.

Humming, you nod with less enthusiasm as he dangles his phone right in front of you, displaying cheesy couple videos.

We can recreate it, people will know, and people will love you. Easy peasy.

But there was nothing easy about any of this. It had stayed a secret for so long for a reason - a perfectly reasonable reason. While you knew the good would most likely outweigh the bad, that didn't make it less nerve wrecking.

With a heavy sigh, you roll off of his lap, chewing on your bottom lip. "I'm not sure, Jake. You know how I feel about all this. Plus, don't you like knowing it's just you and me who know about us?" You signal between the two of you, eyebrows wiggling suggestively as he gulps.

"I do love having you to myself..."

"So it's settled. Not yet."

The next time he brings it up is when you're out with Jay and Sunghoon, seeing as they spend a good amount of time with the two of you. Could be nice, he says, blankly taking a lick from his vanilla ice cream. Would make me happy, y'know...

"I feel like I have to ask," the pale boy mumbles curiously. "Trouble in sex-paradise?"

Choking with surprise, you hurriedly shake your head as Jay pinches Sunghoon's thigh. He yelps, scooting closer to the jake who continues to pout. Rubbing your temples, you say, "Don't pay him any attention, he doesn't know what he's saying."

"Amore, it would be perfect!" Angling his head to the couple, he retreats his phone, already showing off the video. "Wouldn't it be cute to announce our relationship like that?" Before they have a chance to answer, he nods happily, as if they've given him the biggest blessing. "It would, I know it would."

"I think it's a bit much," Jay says while Sunghoon winces in agreement. Jake's brown eyes flicker to where you bite back a grin, writhing to let loose.

"You guys..."

Jay pats his hand gently over the table. "Jake, just try and put yourself in her shoes. She's worried. We've all been. Being in the public eye is extremely terrifying. Maybe she's not ready-"

"Or she's not that into you."

The boy beside you clenches his jaw. "You're not?"

Giggling, you peck his rosy cheek as he stubbornly gives in, a smile already being drawn onto his lips. "I'm so in love." Then you turn to Sunghoon, kicking him sharply underneath the table. "Asshole."

As he winces in pain, Jay rubs his arm gingerly. "Oh, she's definitely in love, Jake. But she's not ready. Just wait on her for a tad bit longer."

You're honestly shocked when he doesn't bring up the topic the time you visit his family, or when you meet up with Jungwon and Sunoo. It was odd, but you didn't think much of it.

That is until you've had too many drinks, and he convinces you then.

"Do you love me?"

More than anything.

"Then you'll do the video with me? You will, won't you, darling?"

"Yes, yes," you huff, growing more tired as he talks. "Anything and everything you want."