21: Questions

REECE

She stopped ignoring me. She talked to me. She fucking talked to me.

But about Lexie. Fucking Lexie.

No. Literally. It was about me fucking Lexie.

This girl that I'm obsessed with is telling me to fuck another girl— Just, what?

"Why are you telling me to fuck Lexie?" I coughed out in an erratic tone.

I felt myself tense to the unfamiliar feeling.

I knew I did nothing wrong but I wanted to shut down every single thing she thought there was to do with me and Lexie. 

I was going to cut this bullshit. Especially for Natalia.

"Well," She blinked cluelessly as she looked around as if she was looking for an answer. "Well— Do I have to spell that out for you?"

Her words were all slurred and she was as rosy as the fucking stripes of the bloody English flag. She was drunk.

Well, I already knew that was the case. I watched her with every drink she took. It fucking annoyed me every time she did. Especially under the lawless supervision of my friends.

"Yes, Natalia. Tell me why I should go fuck Lexie." I answered as she sat up and moved herself so she was beside me.

Right beside me.

In my face.

I could have backed away there and then but I didn't.

She had me chained.

Then she spoke.

"Because she's yours."

Crushed.

I immediately shook my head and denied. "Says who?"

"Lexie. Lexie says she is. She also says I need to keep off you— Almost like she has a fucking lot to do with you." She breathed against my face. "Or is it exactly like she's got a lot to do with you?"

"Fuck, no!" I shook my head again, slowly this time due to the fact I was struck by the seriousness in her face— Christ, she's swearing at me, she never swears. "I have nothing with Lexie. She just thinks we're something but I've never been anything with her. She's just mental."

Expecting a proper answer, I got the complete opposite. Natalia smiled. It was wicked and taunting. It didn't look like her. I didn't enjoy the silence that came with it either.

I swallowed the constant boil of nerves in my throat as I reiterated to the speechlessness she made. "I swear, Natalia. I have nothing to do with Lexie."

I knew there and then that the next time I saw Lexie or saw her anywhere near Natalia, I would make sure that she wouldn't be a bother anymore than she already lived to be.

I hated the obstacles that took Natalia away from me. The obstacles made her look at me with daggers at my body even as she pulled herself an inch away from my face.

"Then why do you keep messing with me, Reece?" She broke the silence, tone faded.

My heart dropped.

There were so many things I could say right now.

So many ways to deny it.

So many questions to ask in return.

But I didn't.

"You have no idea," I said with a hurricane of unexplainable answers as many as a hundred times the population of Earth in my head.

"You're right, I don't have any idea." She lilted, the smell of alcohol twisted with her sweet fragrance lingering. "So why don't you just tell me?"