Chapter 24

Felix gets back on his feet with innocent smile, pushing Hyunjin's hand away from his waist, as if he didn't do anything bad

Meanwhile, Hyunjin's smile drops, as his features arch in surprise, and he eyes Felix's every move as he walks out of the room, heading downstairs, probably to a bar. He would follow right after if his phone didn't start buzzing in his pocket. He cusses under his breath, when he sees whos calling. It's Mingi, he can't ignore him, otherwise he will go as far to fly to Korea from LA and beat his ass.

"Yes?" He answers as he shakes his head to keep the dirty thoughts out of it.

"How did it go?" his manager, who unfortunately couldn't come, asks from the other line.

"Like it always goes, nothing new." Hyunjin replies, and walks to built in bar in corner of the room.

"I hope you didn't say some stupid shit, " Hyunjin can hear how deeply Mingi sighs, "I hate when I have to let you handle this alone."

"It's okay, I can deal with it." The writer defends, he hates how Mingi always thinks he will fuck up some shit. He takes glass of whiskey and drops few ice ball in it.

"It's not news that you can't handle being a public figure."

"That's not true!"

"Whatever, bro. Anyway, interview will be out by tomorrow evening. You promise I won't find anything alarming that I have to take care of, before it's out?"

"No, it all went smoothly."

"Okay, if you say so." Mingi sighs once again, "now enjoy your event, I have a meeting."

"If you keep sighing again when you talk to me, I will fire you."

"And you think Chan can handle your hard to please-" Mingi's yelling gets cut short with the rhythmic sound of hanging up, which somehow makes Hyunjin chuckle. He drops his phone on bar and lets newly cold whiskey burn down his mouth, as he leans on the counter.

And still, Felix said he admits? admits what? that he wants to be his? He should go talk to him, but honestly, if Felix continues to flirt like this, he won't be able to hold back. And Felix wants exactly that, what a brat.

Hyunjin leaves the room, making his way in the crowd, trying to smile at everyone who says quick hello and initiates small talk. Then he suddenly notices the familiar face in the crowd. Face that he hasn't seen in a long time, the face that awakens memories filled with nostalgia.

He sees Hyunjin too, smiles warmly as he steps towards the writer, bowing politely.

"It's been a long time, " The guest says casually, making Hyunjin chuckle.

"It sure has been, Seungmin." He shakes his hand. Despite warm smiles, there's awkwardness ached on their faces. They go way back to high school days, when Seungmin was known as somewhat mean guy, but Hyunjin knew from his friends that he was just very formal kid.