Part 19

Night has already fallen and the headlights illuminate the path up to the parking lot.

Jungkook takes a quick look to the side. The tips of Taehyung's blue hair slide slowly over his cheeks, like they were consoling him. His face is still adorned with red dots, some have transformed into urticae, but Jungkook won't ever mention it. His Water Spirit was in a bad slump, feeling itchy and not pretty at all anymore. His words.

Jungkook takes one of Taehyung's hands and kisses the back.

"We will be there soon, you will feel better in a bit."

Taehyung turns his head, pouting adorably, despite his rash. "Why did this happen? We were supposed to have a great evening."

"Every evening with you is great," Jungkook replies, kissing his hand once more and the pout increases. How was this possible? Even now, when Taehyung didn't mean to, he was so damn cute!

"Why am I suddenly allergic to seaweed? I ate it before!"

Jungkook holds Taehyung's palm to his cheek, feeling the soft skin and kissing it next. "Maybe it's because it was dry, and fresh or re-hydrated isn't suitable for a Fresh Water Spirit. Maybe there was too much salt?"

"Mmmh," Taehyung grumbles and his hand finds the nape of Jungkook's hair, starting to tickle pleasantly.

"The hike to the stream isn't far," Jungkook says confidently. "You will cleanse yourself and you will feel better."

Jungkook finally reaches the parking lot, which is of course empty, since it was late in the evening and stops the car. They unbuckle and Taehyung stops him.

"I wanted you to have a nice birthday." The pout is back.

Jungkook cradles his face and kisses his lips softly. "As long as I am with you, everything else doesn't matter."

"Even if I look ugly?"

"You will never look ugly to me. That is not possible."

"Even with a fat pimple on my face."

"Even then you will be the most handsome man I know."

"Apart from you."

"Apart from me, yeah."

"Look at us! We are so disgusting."

"We are perfect."

"Disgustingly perfect."

"You got it, love!"

Taehyung smiles and pecks his lips one more time. "Let's get this over with."

They find their way along the path, and later through the undergrowth with strong flashlights in their hands. The forest is eerie in the night and Jungkook is sure an owl was hooting, several times, like they disturbed the silence.

Taehyung lets out a relieved sigh, when they finally reach the part of the stream where they met for the first time. He takes off his shoes and steps into the stream, fully clothed, without hesitation.

Jungkook shivers. How could Taehyung step into this fucking cold stream without a hitch, but when he showered, he was boiling himself with hot water.

"I don't know how long it will take," he says, and his palms touch the surface of the water. His blue hair wiggles excitedly, giving him that Medusa vibe again.

"It's fine, love. I will wait for you," Jungkook assures.

Taehyung grins and leans forward, diving into the stream with a splash.

Jungkook settles down, holding the flashlight on the spot where Taehyung vanished and waits.

The night feels more eerie with Taehyung under water. The owl must have followed them, because the cry is very loud when it sounds again, and Jungkook jerks. Some branches creak and leaves rustle. It is scary as fuck and Jungkook regrets every horror movie he ever watched.