Chapter 21 - Leadership

A/N: Is it an achievement that I woke up this morning and realised this story is number 1 in the omega category?

Also small warning for attempted assault...

.......
Reading to the children in the library soon became a regular occurrence for Olwen.

She didn't consider herself the most expressive narrator ever, but the kids appeared to like her, as did the children's parents. She'd assumed the first instance was a one time thing, only for Beta Elijah to tell her that he'd heard the kids asking for her again. After the third session, Olwen ended up rolling with it and registering herself as an actual storyteller for the local school.

Beta Elijah and Stela were devoting what spare time they had to investigating any possible causes that had led to the new matebond between Alpha Landon and Olwen. The newly mated couple appeared to operate like a well-oiled machine, to the point where it could be said they were sharing the Beta title.

Stela meant nothing by it though. Olwen knew her well, and the dark haired woman likely felt bad just seeing her mate undertake all the work himself considering the training she had gone through back in the Silver Arrow Pack.

With her agreement, Landon had only notified the higher ups - which included Delta Cassidy, Gamma Josh and Cael, since he was Stela's brother and would eventually come to know anyways - of the new connection between him and Olwen. And research aside, Stela seemed incredibly ecstatic that her friend appeared to have received another chance at a fated mate, and even more happy that it was Alpha Landon.

"Look, I don't know what the heck is going on, but if you and Alpha Landon are really fated, then you have another chance!" She urged.

"I do but...I think we need some time to get used to this." Olwen said. "In the eyes of the rest of the pack, we're still chosen and not fated mates, and we can't let them know what happened without getting to the bottom of things. I can't have members thinking I joined the Moon River Pack just to become Alpha Landon's mate."

Stela sighed and shook her head.

"If people think that way then that's their problem. I'm sure anyone with eyes can tell how dedicated you are to the Moon River Pack."

"That's not all...how do I know this fated matebond thing isn't a trick or a curse?" Olwen suggested, not wanting to think about that possibility.

A strange emotion flickered through Stela's brown eyes before she placed her hands on Olwen's shoulders.

"Mark my words, Olwen...your new matebond is not a curse. Maybe it'll take a while to figure it out, but you belong with Alpha Landon."

......

"I'm sorry for making fun of you, the grey wolf said to the brown wolf." Olwen narrated, as the young children around her listened with enraptured looks on their faces. "Can we be friends?"

"Of course, said the brown wolf with a smile." She continued. "We'll be best friends forever! And they were. The end."

The kids applauded with soft cheers as she finished the story. Smiling warmly, Olwen lightly bowed in her seat.

One child, with dirty blonde hair, got up and headed over to the brunette with a rose.

"Thanks for reading these stories to us, Miss Luna."

"It's no pro-" Olwen paused as her eyes widened.

"Uh...what did you just say again, honey?"

"Miss Luna." Another child sitting at the carpet spoke up with innocent eyes. "You're the Alpha's mate, and the Alpha's mate is always called Luna."