3.First Meet

While I was getting ready, my thoughts went back to 6 months ago

While I was getting ready, my thoughts went back to 6 months ago. The man who saved me from the tragic incident had captivating brown eyes that hold warmth and peace. I don't know why I am now thinking about him. His eyes were captured in my heart. Whenever I am feeling low, I close my eyes, and his brown eyes come in front of me. I don't know why today I am feeling so peaceful and positive for the first time in my life.

I wore a full sleeves golden anarkali with jhumka and applied some kajal, mascara, and cherry red lipstick, which compliments my golden caramel skin.

I went downstairs to the kitchen to arrange snacks and everything. Mom came and said I looked like a cakedoll, which I'll never do as I hate applying makeup. After arranging everything, I went back to the room and waited for them to come. When the clock struck 11AM, a car stopped in front of her house. Opening the gate, her mother and father welcomed them with greetings, and his family reciprocated the same.

" please have a seat I'll call tia"  mom said went upstairs to call her.

"Tia, come, let's go downstairs. Groom's side is waiting for you,' mom said glaring at me, gulping down my lump, I nodded one last time, glanced at the mirror, and went downstairs with my thudding heart. My palms were sweaty and my breath was uneven.

"Namaste" I Bent down to touch their feet, but they stopped in the middle. I thought they didn't like me, but 'betiyon pair nahi choothe'. With that, his mother kissed my forehead, his dadu and father patted my head. I sat beside him hanging my low head.

"kitni pyaari baachi hai" His mother looked at me with so much warmth and affection, something I didn't get from my own mother. I felt a piercing gaze on me but I shrugged, still not daring to look towards him. His brother and sister were so much fun to talk to; they were talking with me like I was their own sibling.

"Why don't children talk privately sometimes?"  His grandpa told my dad, although my dad never agrees, but he still nodded with a fake smile.

They told us to go upstairs and followed him. I don't know what's happening with me. My forehead formed sweat beads, my palms were sweaty, and my legs shaky. I followed him, but my head bumped into his hard-built back, rubbing my forehead. I winced, mumbled sorry, and followed him.

We went to the upstairs balcony. He sat on the chair while I just stood there like a statue, nervously fidgeting with my dupatta. We sat for 10 minutes in complete silence. Being an introvert, I don't know how to start a conversation.

"If you have any questions please ask"  he said with his cold dominating voice while staring at me intently. Although I have a lot to ask, no words came from my mouth. I simply nodded with a 'no.'

"Did you know I am 12 years older than you? Don't you have a problem with that?"  He said I nodded with a no. I know he's 12 years older than me. I don't even have any problem. I eavesdropped when mom was talking with dad about him last night.