𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕: 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘

꧁꧂

𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄, 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃

𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄, 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃. Locking eyes with the blue pair that owned her heart. She froze, she hadn't expected to see him here. He didn't like spontaneous walks, he only went if he was made to by his mother or oldest brother.

"Etta-" The boy says, but getting cut off by the blue eyed girl. "Oh now you can speak to me." Her tone was harsher than she expected it to be, and it completely threw Colin off guard. He knew he would receive this treatment, but it still caught him off guard. He deserved it, he knew he did. But he also deserved to tell her the truth. "Etta- I know your mad at me, you have right to be upset-"

"Mad? Upset? Colin I'm infuriated! I-I.. I'm embarrassed! I can't-.. I can't believe I thought your words were true.. I can't-" The girl begins to start before Colin interrupts her, "Loretta! They were! They were true, you have to believe me.. Please just- just listen to my words.. please? Only if it's for a minute, just.. hear me out?" There is clear desperation in the tone of the boys voice, a tone Loretta could never resist even if she tried. With on awaited sigh Loretta let out, and her crossing her arms over her chest. The girl nods for him to continue. Moving back towards the bench she once sat at, and motioning for him to come sit.

The Bridgerton does as he is told, sitting closer but still with a small distance for her comfort. "Thank you.." Colin says, appreciating the seat he was given and giving the girl his gratitude for listening. "Loretta I-I do love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. There is nothing that could make me stop loving you-"

"Then why would ignore me, and then- then continue to dance with Cressida! Whom I know you dislike?" The girl says in a hurt tone, trying to keep calm since they were still in public after all. In the corner of her eyes she sees her little sister, Mary looking at the two unsure if she needs to intervene. Loretta puts her hand up a little to signal she is fine, turning back to the conversation with the Bridgerton boy.

"I was told not to come by you! I-I.. I would never avoid you on purpose, you are like- like a breath of fresh air or- or.. the star in a sky full of planets.. Loretta your father and brother told me to stay away." The boy confesses, looking directly into the deep blue eyes of his Starlight. "What-.. Why- why would they tell you that? I don't understand.."

"I asked for your hand Loretta... And they told me no. They-.. They said I didn't know what I wanted a-and they were trying to protect you, that I should meet other debutants.. and if I was still serious then maybe they would consider it.. and to stay away from you.. so you could have a chance with other-.. men." The boy says, with a disgust tone by the end of his sentence. The thought of his Loretta, his starlight with another man hurt him to his very core.