Cafe

The time is 4:56 pm and I'm getting dressed to go to a cafe date with my boyfriend, Jake. Now I'm going outside because he is picking me up. We have been dating for almost 6 months and I met in a hotel where I celebrated my birthday with my friends. He was sweet when I met him and he is still sweet. 

Well, I went outside and got into his car. He gave me flowers, I loved them but they seemed used somehow. We reached the cafe at 5:18 pm. We went to the restaurant and sat on the outside table. Then I saw a girl who looked pretty. I told Jake how beautiful that girl looked. Then he said, " Wait that's my ex". "Really?" I said with a sad but confused face. He said, "Yeah, her name is Sofia", then I looked at her again and said, " You didn't tell me about her"

"Oh well, I forgot. She looks sweet but she's mean and spoiled"

"Oh really? So how long have you been with her?"

"Oh like 2-3 years or something like that"

"Oh..."

"Don't worry babe, She was before you, and now we are together"

Hearing that seemed very sad to me. I felt insecure by seeing his ex. I wanted to be a coffee cake so I told him " I'm getting a coffee cake. Want anything else?". " No, I'm good," he said.

I came into the cafe and ordered my coffee cake. I was waiting for my order and then Sofia entered and stood right beside me. She looked at me and said, " Wait. You're Jake's new girl right?". I was kinda scared because some of his exes were sociopaths and tried to attack me. I wondered if she would attack me too. So I said quietly said, " Yes...".

"Oh, that's nice"

"Oh well yea-"

"So he when back again"

"Wait what do you me?"

"First he cheated on me and then started dating you I guess?"

"He met me on my birthday on 2nd December"

"The day before we broke up"

"What? I don't believe you"

"Sweetheart, you don't need to believe me. I'm just warning you about him"

My order came and then I went back to my table. I sat on my table and he asked, "Why did it take you a while to get back here?". I wanted to talk to him about the conversation between me and his ex but I didn't. Instead, I told him, " Oh they took a lot of time". "Ok," he said.

It was 6:20 pm and I'm in his car. He's driving me back home, and I wonder what Sofia said about him. I'm unsure. She could've lied to me or she is right. I don't know who to trust, then we arrived at my home.