Twenty Five

Cheryll's POV;

~ Miles Manor ~

"Cheryll, Cheryll..." A sinister laugh echoed in my head followed by my name being called in a sensual manner which disgusted me. "I know you long to experience the pleasures of marital life, though we aren't married, I can help you with that..." The voice echoed again. "Some fun isn't bad..."

I tried escaping, but the person pins me to a rough surface and harshly takes hold of my face, bruising my cheeks. Then his hand leaves my face and travels down slowly.

"Stop, don't do this, please." I beg, but my pleas fall into deaf ears.

I begin to shake in fear and try pushing the person away from me. My hands get held up by calloused ones so I can no longer use them to protect myself. My body starts shivering, hot tears spill from my eyes. I shut them tightly and grit my teeth when I feel the person inch closer to me.

"Cheryll!" A concerned voice came through between the sinister laugh.

I realised someone was shaking me. My brows formed a tight knot as I tried to make sense of the situation. I felt someone running their hand through my hair soothingly. My eyes snapped open, my surroundings a stark contrast to the dark room I'd just been in my nightmare.

My eyes met his. Trevor.

Face void of colour, eyes dull without sleep and hair a mess as a result of continuously running his hands through them like how he did now.

I sat up and took in deep breaths. It's been 4 days since that dreadful night, though I no longer wake up screaming and crying over the nightmares I get, my heart does beat frantically in fear.

"I'm fine..." I closed my eyes and repeated to myself. "Nothing's happened to me, I'm safe."

It was Maria's suggestion that if I convince myself like this, then I'd get over it soon. Over these days, the girls and Vincent came to pay me a visit once in a day. Maria and Vincent are getting married in 3 days time and I wanted to be better before that.

I was happy for them and Fiona. That girl might not have told me the name of her lover boy, but I knew who it was from the way she looked at him and the man was perfect for her.

"Cheryll..." Trevor's voice caused me to open my eyes. "We...haven't talked properly since that day..." He trailed. I nodded my head for him to continue as I understood he wanted to say something. "Are you still mad at me?" He asked.

I frowned.

Why should I be mad at him?

Then I remembered I'd been mad at him after he reminded me of our deal. I was hurt actually, not mad and it was because I realised I love him and hearing such words from the one you love is painful. My pain had morphed into anger and I began avoiding conversations with him that day. I shook my head as a response.

"No, not anymore..." I admitted.

"So you were?"

"A little... I was hurt more than p*ssed." I lowered my head. "But if I hadn't run away from you, maybe... Maybe this wouldn't have happened." I sighed.

He hugged me sensing that I was about to cry.

That day, I went to the restroom to be away from him. The one on the ground floor was occupied, so I went upstairs. I'd only splashed water on my face and came out when Morgan pulled me into the room. When I tried to get out from there, he pulled me back and slapped me continuously, leaving my cheeks swollen and lip bruised.

I dared to slap him, but he tore my clothes, rendering me helpless. I didn't know when Trevor came in, but the moment I saw him, my fear seemed to leave me and my pent up emotions fell as tears from my eyes.