Part 11

For the rest of the time, he pretended he was on some important call and just nodded at everything she said.

In reality, all his focus was on her. The way she was delicately placing the art pieces. Handing small, cute feathers and animal art on the wall. He watched her like a hawk. Not missing her single move especially when she stood on the chair to hang the stuff.
He was intentionally walking around her speaking some incoherent sentences as to pretend to be on call.

She hung a wind chime and placed cute pillows on the balcony and a few plants.

He stood behind her when he felt himself relaxed a bit.

And she with a satisfied grin turned towards him. "How does it look? " The shine in her eyes didn't leave even for a second.

Even without a second glance, he could say all of it looked marvelous.

He wandered his eyes around, It felt...It felt...Homely. His eyes stopped at their portrait in their room. Small subtle smiles on their faces, it looked damn beautiful. Involuntarily his legs took him to the living room.

There too the walls had their photographs from the wedding and engagement.  There was wall art, plants and the essence of her. His wife, Ruchi.

Suddenly, tears started to cloud his eyes. He felt...he felt special. The kind of special that makes you feel overjoyed. That makes you feel important.
That makes you feel at peace.

Ruchi was stunned at his reaction. She hadn't expected him to go still and emotional. She held his hand gaining his attention. He gulped, wetting his throat, "It... It feels homely" His voice croaked a bit and Ruchi immediately wrapped her hands around his neck.

He held her tighter, holding her to himself. He couldn't even describe how happy he felt. He never knew he needed someone this much in his life. But now he was sure, he needed her.

He didn't want to let her go, he picked her up in his arms while she was still hugging him and moved to their room. He pulled her over on his lap still sticking to her.

To hell with the right time.

He needed her close. Right at the moment. He heard no protest from her side making him sigh in relief keeping her in his arms. He wanted the time to stop. Putting his chin on her shoulder he nuzzed in her hair, inhaling the fruity scent.

He kept holding her until exhaustion washed over and he fell asleep. Ruchi only broke the hug when she heard his soft snores. She blushed at their long hug. She couldn't believe, he was so close to her. She wanted to kiss those pouty lips of her husband. He looked so eatable while sleeping.

She too started getting some dirty thoughts about her husband. Wait! Only a bit dirty. Not much.

But she couldn't bring herself to initiate them. He was her husband, cute sweet, and decent husband how could she even think of him like that? She scolded herself to sleep.

Little did she know. Her husband's thoughts were not poise about her either. If he could he wouldn't let her get away from him even for even a second.

Their plan of a movie date was long forgotten as Ruchi slept cuddling with her husband. They spent the rest of the day admiring the view from their newly decorated balcony. Giggles and talks that's all they did.

Just like that the whole week passed. They were settling into the new routine. They couldn't be happier, It was fun discovering unknown sides of their partner. Like Ruchi discovered he was interested in learning guitar once. But now was a forgotten thing.

She hyped him up to start learning it now and he thought to give it a try. If his wife was excited about him playing guitar, he was going to do it anyway. 

He got to know she was also crazy about chocolates. And now he made it his routine to bring her a chocolate every evening. He liked her reaction every time her eyes went wide in excitement and she smiled with glee.

Life was good lately, and both of them were enjoying it. Though it was unexpected that they would form a bond so soon. But they did. The vibes were different but still the same. There was something that was connecting them, that they couldn't name. But it was beautiful for sure.

In the week's time, they went on a few dates and both eventually came to know that none of them were outings friendly. Neither of them had the least idea about the surroundings and exactly what to do. So they preferred spending time at home, playing games and talking.

Since both of them have exhausted their leaves, they were going to join the office in the coming week. Now they had to adjust according to the timing. Both feared how it was going to work out.

Will they be able to maintain the same spark?