Part 12

Ruchi was trying to focus on her work, designing the basic structure of the brochure for a client but it didn't have her whole focus. She was glancing at her phone screen again and again.

It was the first day at the office after her marriage. She excitedly dressed up for the office and then Samridh dropped her giving her a soft smile and a sweet kiss on her palm.

Oh, she loved it.
She was blushing at his gesture. Hiding her face in the pretext of searching for something in her handbag she quickly ran out of the car making Samridh chuckle.

He was really fond of her blushing mess state. She was still not used to his kisses on her palm and forehead.

God! What will she do when we go further?

Samridh could only wonder looking at her.

And then he left for his work, glancing at her for the last time.

Ruchi was glad to be back at her work. Everything went well till the lunch break. She was being updated about the work by her senior and was getting congratulated on her marriage by her colleagues.

When they were having their lunch, one of her juniors received a call from her spouse and the other colleague teased her about it. She wandered her eyes around and saw many people talking to their spouses and that made her wonder why her husband didn't call her.

Didn't he say he missed her at the office back on their first day when he had to go to the office? Then what happened now?

Was he already bored of her?
She immediately shook her head.
Maybe he was busy.

You can call him too.

Her subconscious whispered to her. But Ruchi shook it off too.

No! She wanted him to call her. What if she did and got tagged as a "clingy wife"?

She has heard a few of her colleagues say the clingy word for their partners.

What if he thought of her like that too?

Since that time, she has been waiting for his call or at least a message.

Whenever her phone pinged she immediately held it but got disappointed every time she saw it was never related to him.

Soon it turned evening and her mood turned sour. It was time to go home but she was in a bad mood. As soon as she stepped at the exit her husband's car was before her.

Her heart started beating again looking at him, who was already giving her a breathtaking smile. She smiled back at him, sitting inside the car, She so wanted to ask why didn't he call her.

Don't act like desperate and clingy.

She reminded herself. The whole ride was silent and till now Samridh came to know she had a bad day. Otherwise, he knew she couldn't keep quiet. She would have definitely uttered something.

They didn't talk and silently did their work as they reached home. She was chopping the veggies while he was preparing the dough.

She still didn't speak and Samridh took it upon himself to ask about the matter, "How was your day? " He asked.

"Hm? " He took her off guard with his question.

"Your day, how did it go? " He asked again trying to stifle his giggle at her expressions.

"Good. Yours? " Lier. He could see she lied, but let it slide anyway, "Good too"

And again silence filled the kitchen. Samridh was continuously searching for excuses to talk to her, whether it was about veggies or the weather. He was hell-bent on making her talk while she was hell-bent on replying only in monosyllables dismissing his entire efforts.

"Sir was asking about you, do you want to visit home? " He asked remembering her dad was asking about the two and had also invited them.

"Yes, I want to. How is he? " She replied excited as her voice turned emotional. He smiled at her, "He is good, he was remembering you. He said it didn't feel like a home without your naughtiness and chattering" He teased her a bit making her chuckle.

Ruchi made a note to call her Dad first thing after dinner. And she exactly did that. She talked to her whole family on a video call. And looked in a better mood.

She was chirpy again like a sparrow. Samridh couldn't help but think of maintaining a notebook of her moods.

She lay beside him on the bed, ready to sleep but he pulled her in his arms making both of them sit with the support of the headboard.

"Now tell me what happened at work. Why were you in a bad mood today? " He asked keeping his chin on her shoulder.

She tried to wiggle out of his grip, "Nothing" She said suddenly remembering that she was upset with him.

He held her tighter resisting her struggle. "And what is the truth? " He asked raising his brow.

"You didn't call me. I was waiting for your call" She said looking everywhere but him.

He was stunned by her words. Was she really waiting for his call?

"Really? Why didn't you call me then? " He asked making her look at him.

"I didn't want to appear clingy wife."
She replied like a small baby complaining to their mother.

He wanted to pull her cheeks and let her know how much he missed her especially when her father was talking about her. He didn't call because he thought it was her first day at the office. It was bound to be hectic also she mentioned once that she didn't like calls.

"But you don't like calls. Right? " He made her look up at him again.

"You didn't even message" She sadly looked down again.

He awwed at his cute wife.

"I thought you didn't miss me.  You got busy and I was scared what if we lose the spa.. "

Her words were left hanging as he pecked her lips softly.  She looked at him to find him already gazing at her intently.