PT : 9

As they arrived at the subway station, Ram noticed the train was on the brink of departure. Without a moment's hesitation, he seized Priya's hand, and together they dashed towards the closing doors, determined to catch the departing train. 

When the train doors slid shut behind them, Ram and Priya found themselves standing in the crowded subway car, their chests heaving with exertion from their mad dash to catch the departing train. With adrenaline still coursing through their veins, they exchanged a glance, their eyes sparkling with a mixture of excitement and relief.

A soft chuckle escaped Ram's lips as he caught his breath, the sound echoing in the confined space of the subway car. "Did you have fun?" he asked, a playful glint in his eyes as he turned to face Priya.

Priya simply nodded in response, her cheeks flushed with exhilaration as she tried to catch her breath. Despite the rush and chaos of their impromptu sprint, there was a sense of exhilaration in the air, a feeling of freedom and adventure that seemed to envelop them both.

As the train rumbled along its tracks, carrying them deeper into the heart of the city, Ram and Priya stood side by side, their hands still intertwined as they laughed and chatted animatedly about their unexpected escapade. And in that moment, amidst the hustle and bustle of the subway car, they shared a bond that transcended the confines of time and space.

After they reached to their destination as Ram and Priya conversed animatedly, their footsteps echoing through the bustling streets of London, a sense of anticipation hung in the air. Priya's curiosity piqued, she couldn't help but inquire about their destination.

"Where are we going?" she asked, her voice tinged with intrigue.

Ram flashed her a mischievous grin. "Somewhere very old. I'm sure it wasn't on your list."

Priya raised an eyebrow in skepticism. "I've researched London for the past two years. Not possible," she countered.

Undeterred, Ram pressed on. "Why are you so determined to come here?" he queried, genuine curiosity lacing his words.

Priya paused for a moment, her gaze wandering to the ancient buildings and winding cobblestone streets that surrounded them. "I don't know," she admitted with a shrug. "I just wanted to be here, that's all."

As they stood before the ancient ruins of Saint Dunstan, Priya spelled out the unfamiliar name, her curiosity piqued. Ram, with a proud smile, boasted of his familiarity with the site.

"I told you, I've been here for the past year," he remarked confidently.

Priya nodded, conceding his point. "Fine. Can we go inside now?" she asked eagerly, her interest in the historic site growing by the minute.

As they entered the remnants of the church, Ram began to share his knowledge of its history. "This place was partially destroyed during WWII, and the Anglican church decided not to rebuild it," he explained.

Priya marveled at Ram's depth of knowledge about the site. "You seem to know a lot about this place," she remarked, her curiosity piqued.

"Yeah, I come here often," Ram admitted, his tone quiet and introspective.

Priya furrowed her brows, sensing a deeper meaning behind his words. "Why? What's so special about this place?" she pressed, eager to understand the significance it held for him.

Ram fell silent for a moment, his gaze drifting over the ancient stones and weathered walls. "Here, I find silence and peace," he finally confessed, his voice tinged with emotion.

As they wandered through the tranquil ruins of Saint Dunstan, the weight of its history and the quiet serenity of the surroundings enveloped them both. And in that moment, amidst the echoes of centuries-old tales and the hushed whispers of the past, Ram and Priya found solace in the timeless beauty of the ancient church, forging a connection that transcended words.

After exploring various places throughout the day, the evening descended upon them, signaling the end of their adventures. Seeking respite and sustenance, they decided to dine at a restaurant.

As they waited for their dinner, Ram went to the washroom, leaving Priya alone at the table. While he was away, Priya noticed Ram's phone buzzing with messages. Curiosity led her to take a quick look, and she saw messages about a meeting and Ram taking leave without informing anyone. This surprised her, but she tried to stay calm when Ram returned. They continued their conversation casually, although Priya felt a bit uneasy inside.

As they stepped outside the restaurant, a sudden shift in the weather caught them off guard. The once clear sky was now blanketed with ominous black clouds, and distant thunder rumbled in the distance.Ram remarked on the unpredictability of London weather, a common occurrence that always seemed to keep everyone on their toes.

As he glanced back at Priya, there was a hint of concern in his eyes.Then Ram hailed a taxi, the first droplets of rain began to fall from the darkened sky, casting a shimmering veil over the bustling city streets. With a sense of urgency, they hurried into the waiting cab, seeking refuge from the impending downpour.

No sooner had they settled into the backseat than the heavens opened up, unleashing a torrential deluge upon the city below. The rhythmic patter of raindrops against the taxi's windows provided a soothing backdrop to their conversation, the steady drumming punctuated by occasional flashes of lightning and distant rumbles of thunder.

Inside the cab, Priya and Ram found themselves cocooned in a bubble of warmth and intimacy, their voices mingling with the soothing sound of rainfall as they exchanged stories and shared laughter.

As Priya reached her hotel, Ram turned to the driver and inquired if he could be taken back home. However, the driver promptly declined, citing the distance as too far from their current location. Disembarking from the taxi, both Ram and Priya stood on the rain-drenched pavement, contemplating their next move.

As the rain poured down, forming a curtain of water around them, Ram gestured toward the hotel entrance, concern etched in his features. "You should go inside; you're drenched," he urged, his voice barely audible over the drumming of the rain.

Priya hesitated, torn between her desire to ensure Ram's safety and her own discomfort. "But what about you?" she questioned, her brow furrowed with worry.

Ram's response was swift and self-assured. "I'll get another cab," he assured her, determination evident in his tone.

Unable to make a decision, Priya turned to leave, her footsteps faltering as uncertainty gnawed at her. Yet, as she felt the rain intensify, a sudden impulse overcame her. Spinning on her heels, she called out Ryan into the stormy night.

At the sound of his name, Ram halted in his tracks, turning to face Priya with a mixture of surprise and curiosity. Their eyes met amidst the deluge, a silent exchange of understanding and unspoken connection amidst the chaos of the storm.