Two

Grace
A little while later, Grace's home.

"I am famished!" Lucas shouts when he lets himself inside the apartment.

Our parents chose two apartments right next door to each other. Its the perks of having parents who are also best friends.

"Dinner's almost ready big eater." I tell him, mixing the stir fry.

"You calling me fat, sunshine ?" He quirks a brow at me, wet blond hair falling on his eyes.

"Never said that." I keep stirring then give him a spoonful to try."is that good enough?"

"Mhmm." He groans. "Your cooking is just getting better babe."

"Thank you." I laugh, happy with the compliment. I love cooking and baking for people i care about, and it makes me so happy when they like what I made them.

Growing up, lucas and I never really had much parental presence in our lives, leaving us to ourselves, which meant we had to learn everything on our own. At least we had each other.

"Can you prepare the TV?" I ask him while plating our food.

"Sure thing." He makes his way to the couch while humming a... One D song ? What the hell ?

"Lucas what the hell are you singing."

"Um.. nothing, just random words." He lies, sitting down on the couch.

"Lucas."

"You're the one playing that stupid boy band 24/7 of course Ill get the songs stuck in my head." He defends himself, putting on a random Criminal minds episode.

"You secretly love that stupid boy band don't lie to me. " i sit down next to him and put our dinner on the coffee table.

"Whatever helps you sleep better at night, sunshine." He sighs, and starts eating.

"Could say the same about you." I mutter.

My best friend and I were eating dinner while watching hot FBI agents talking about the most gruesome things ever, does it get any better?

˖⁺‧₊˚ ˚₊‧⁺˖✮✮˖⁺‧₊˚ ˚₊‧⁺˖

"Grace ?"

"Hmm?" I mumble sleepily, hugging my covers closer to my chest.

"Gracie, wake up." Lucas shakes my head, getting me out of the best sleep ever.

"What?" I grumble, sitting up.

"Can I sleep here ?" He asks, looking shy and nervous.

"What happened ?" I ask him, wide awake now.

"I just can't sleep." That's a lie. I can tell from the way his eyes are avoiding me.

"Come on." I pat the big mattress and he smiles taking his shirt off leaving him in only grey sweats.

"Thank you sunshine."

"No problem bear."

We lay in silence for a little while, me staring at the fluorescent stars on my ceiling and him drawing random patterns on my hand.

I think his nightmares are getting worse again, because since we've been back from Snowcrest -our boarding school- for break, he hasn't once slept in his bed.

"Lucas, tell me what's wrong ?" I turn over to him, having given him enough time to calm his heart rate down.

"I don't think I can get the words out." He whispers.