𝟏𝟒 ┃𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐢 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

𝐀𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐋𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞, 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞. Last summer was more than I ever could've hoped for. I mean, it was pretty normal, other than the obvious fact that Ajax told me he loved me. Me, of all people. That was one of my wildest dreams, and I never thought that would actually happen. I thought it was just a delusional summer camp thing. But it wasn't. My delusions were right.

And now, I'm back at Camp. Back with Ajax. My boyfriend. 

Crazy. Absolutely crazy.

"Ajax!" I exclaim, running into his arms. He gives me a pat on the back before pulling away.

"Aurora!" He says, matching my tone but making it seem more calm. "How was your year without me?" 

"Good." I ask, smiling at him and tilting my head to the side. "How was yours?"

"It would be better if you were there." 

"Good." I repeat jokingly. 

"You settled down in your cabin yet?" 

"Yep. You?" 

"No. I have to go soon."

"Oh. Okay. Do you want me to come with you?"

"No." He says quickly before straightening his back. "No, I'm good. You have fun with Arabella or someone." 

I nod with a smile. "Alright. See you later?"

"Sure." 

He walks away. Just like that. Like I wasn't right beside him all of last summer and thought about him the whole school year. What did I do wrong? Did I say something? I was watching more words. My eyebrows furrow but I immediately put them back in their spots. It's fine. He's probably just stressed about something. Probably. 

I'm walking slowly towards my cabin, each step seeming to take a couple hours. I feel a nudge in my side and look over to see Percy staring down at me. I glance away awkwardly. 

"You good? Seem sad." He mutters as we walk. I speed up my pace.

"No. I'm fine." 

"You don't seem fine." 

"Well, I am. You don't know anything about me." 

"Well, I want to know everything about you."

"You realise that sounds insanely creepy, right?"

"I worded that wrong." 

"I hope so." 

I huff, my hair falling over my face as I stare down at my shoes. "What do you want to know?"