𝟏𝟔 ┃𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐠𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝

"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐭

"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐭." 𝐀𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 as soon as I told her what happened. I didn't mean to. It just slipped out of my mouth when I was telling her what me and Percy had been talking about, since he dropped me off. Technically, I forced him to, because I didn't want to face Ajax if I saw him. Long story short, I survived, and I did not see him. Which is good, I guess. I don't really want to talk to him. Not like I suspect anything; Ajax's a sweet guy. He wouldn't. Right? 

"Don't rage out, Bells. It's fine. I don't really care." I assure, patting her shoulder. 

"It's not fine. I knew I shouldn't have let you guys date." 

"Bella, you're not the boss of me."

She sighs, frowning. "But you get tell me about what I do with Luke?"

"That's not fair. We know Luke's a bad person." 

"I don't think he's that bad." 

"Arabella." I say sternly.

"Whatever. I won't say I told you so." She lays back down in her bed, pushing her head into her pillow. 

We're just in silence for a while, her closing her eyes tight and trying to sleep, and me reading a book, but barely reading any before I get distracted and have to restart that page once again. It becomes a cycle, reading it halfway and then I zone out and start reading that paragraph from the beginning. I jerk up, scrambling off my bed and towards the door. 

"You're going outside? Again?" 

"I need to go talk to someone." I say plainly in response, leaving before Arabella can possibly object. Which is rude, but I can't sit there in the quiet for any longer. I walk with my head down, walking down the path towards the other cabin. I get to my desired location.

The Poseidon Cabin. 

I hesitate, but force myself to knock on his door. Sure enough, Percy answers the door, wearing a loose black t-shirt and grey sweatpants. He raises an eyebrow, leaning to the side of the door.

"What do you want?" Percy asks warily, crossing his arms against his chest. 

"To talk." 

"About what?" 

"Ajax." 

"I'm honoured. Come in." 

Percy spreads open the door and I walk in. He closes it behind me, and I sit on a chair, my feet tapping against the floor. 

"You good? What happened?" He questions, sitting in a chair beside me and staring at me, his blue eyes boring into mine. I look away, adjusting my seat and awkwardly putting my hands on my legs. 

"I just need someone to talk to." I say uncomfortably, trying to relax my tense shoulders. 

"Well, you can talk to me."