Chapter 2

Alastor and Nifty had finally reached their destination. The part of town they arrived at was shrouded in dense fog and darkness, with streetlights being the only source of light. Despite the ancient-looking buildings, people still lived in this area, which was notorious for vampire attacks. Most people believed that vampires would attack out of the blue, but in reality, they could be right beside you without your knowledge. Vampires looked like ordinary people and only revealed their true appearance when they smelled blood or when the crimson moon was out, their eyes turning red and pale skin.

Alastor noticed that the police had arrived at the destination before him as if had someone died there. He approached them and showed his badge, which had a cross indicating that the church would take over. Although some of the cops didn't like the idea of the church taking their job, there was nothing they could do about it.

Alastor viewed the corpse and noticed bite marks on the neck, the corpse appeared to have been drained of blood. it shriveled like a corpse, he lifted the corpse, revealing the back, and he noticed strange engravings in the skin. He cautiously rose, only to see Vox and his men standing by him.

Vox: "Alastor, you're here, and I assumed you'd be in another area of the kingdom."

Alastor: "Well, I had accomplished my assignment and was assigned to undertake this one afterward, but why are you here"

Vox: "Makes sense, we are here to get ready for a mission, so Velvet and vel are buying stuff here, but if you need help from the best team"

Alastor: "Hah no, and what do you mean you came in second to me"

Vox: "That's because you cheated"

Alastor:" Mhm, that's not what the board said"

Alastor and Vox were having a conversation when Vox accused Alastor of cheating to come in first place. Alastor disagreed with him and said that the board showed he was fair and square. Vox tried to argue back but Alastor was too focused on the crime scene and the markings. He noticed that the vampires who usually attacked their victims by only sucking their blood never left such markings.

He signaled to Nifty to follow him closely and she nodded. Alastor used his monocle to track the footprints left by a person who had just drunk blood. He saw the footprints leading to the woods and followed them. There, he spotted a vampire feasting on another victim. He reached for his blade, ready to kill the vampire, but the vampire attacked first. However, Nifty was quick to attack and stabbed the vampire in the leg. Alastor then finished it off with one swift movement. He looked back and saw that Vees had already left, which made him sigh in relief. He called for a carriage and they both got in. Alastor picked up a paper and scanned through it. He read that people were asking the police about the church and the disappearing people. Meanwhile, Nifty was sewing.

The police were investigating the scene and the church would inform them if they caught the killer.

Lucifer was sitting in his workshop making ducks, drinking the final bottle of wine, when he noticed his daughter enter the room, excitedly carrying a paper.

Charlie: "Dad, Vaggie, and I came up with an excellent idea"

Lucifer: "Oh, and what for"

Charlie: "Well, you know how you told me that humans and vampires will not get along because they kill each other."

Lucifer: "Yes I do remember saying that"

Charlie: "Well what if I created an inn where rebated vampires to not drink human blood and after that, we can invite humans to make peace"