Chap 7

Everybody just stood there and watched us in disbelief.

'well there you are, we thought you got eaten by something.' said a bulky girl with short hair.

They then proceed to get us to the surface. When we finally climbed out it surprised me because it was already dark even though 5 minutes before it was the day.

' ugh, why is the sun already down?' Percy asked.

' well we've been searching for you the past 3 hours, I think time goes on quicker in the labyrinth. ' Chiron explained.

Guess nobody thought that I needed some more explanation on the labyrinth part because they all got back to their cabins. So did I. The next morning I was woken up by the Stoll brothers arguing over something, and some other kids running around. I got up and put on my orange t-shirt. I walked out of the Hermès cabin and made my way to breakfast. As I was approaching the area I got a glimpse of Annabeth and Percy talking. When they saw me they walked up to me with determination in their eyes.

'Bella, I know you're very new there, but I would like to ask you something.' Annabeth said carefully.

'what is it? Have I done something wrong?' I asked a bit panicked.

'no, no don't worry its about something else.' Percy reassured me.

'I would like you to come with us on a quest, only if you would like to of course.' she told me.

'What?? A quest? I've heard of them in the introduction video but I thought that it was only for the more experienced demigods. ' I replied in disbelief.

'well you can see in the dark, and you seem a pretty good fighter, plus you could learn from it.' Percy tried to reassure me.

'well if you think I won't be a burden then I'm up' I said.

'really!? Oh I'm so glad that you're coming!' Annabeth announced. Then added 'I won't be the only girl with those seaweed brains'

We chuckled after seeing Percy's expression. After that Annabeth explained that we will be departing tomorrow morning into the labyrinth. I went to pack my things. I haven't got many items because I didn't pack before coming to camp. I put my shirt and a orange camp shirt, some short that I borrowed from Annabeth and some ambrosia and nectar. Later I went to training as usually and finally got to talk to Tyson. He's pretty kind, I like him (not in a romantic way ofc). He said that he's actually going with us on the quest so I was pretty happy. As the sun was setting down I was walking near the forest. I felt the cold air go through my hair and felt at home. Well it was kind of weird that a dark forest made me feel at home but I can't explain how it made me feel. Like I had a connection to it. Then I saw a young nymph looking at me with sad eyes. I felt like it was my duty to make her feel better so I walked up to her.

'hey, what's your name?' I asked as she teared up.

'Juniper...' she just exploded in tears just after telling me her name.

She then proceed to talk about her boyfriend and how he's going on this dangerous quest and how she felt scared to not see him again. WAIT. A dangerous quest!? Could it be mine? Let's see who's going whit us, Percy, Annabeth, Tyson and... Grover!

'wait your boyfriend is Grover!?' I blurred out.

'you know him?' she asked in return.

'well actually I'm going to the same ques...' she didn't let me finish.

She pleaded me to take care of him and make sure that he would be alright. I promised over and over that I will watch his back to reassure her. She even walked me back to my cabin and wished me good luck on the tomorrow's quest. Guess we became friends. I was too tired to think about my new friends as I just instantly fell asleep after closing my eyes.