❀♥𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 18♥❀

Seeing the young fair male wandering around the school, Diluc did everything in his power to remain hidden. But those moments Venti came close. Diluc just wanted to reach his hand out close to the male.

Yet the fear of himself messing up, clouded him mind and filled him with hesitation, and when he decided finally. venti had already walked away each time.

'I can't run forever, i don't want to run from him. Nor hide from him... But my heart.. It races so much when around him, my hands tremble and my cheeks flare a pink hue, i can't face him like this, looking like a total idiot. Especially not after last night..' Diluc thought to himself as his finger tips brushed against his own lips.

'But i just.. i want to see him, i need to see him. Yet every time i desire to, i become a coward of a man and run away as if i were a school boy talking to his crush for the first time ever.' Diluc bereted himself in his mind as he slowly walked around the campus.

No matter what he did, every time he thought of Venti, just the mere mention or thought of him made his heart race and his ears to ring.

He knew this was wrong, running away from Venti like a little boy? How pathetic, but the thought of last night made him coward away, what if Venti was mad? he knew Venti was the one who intuited the action, but that doesn't mean it was okay, Venti was drunk and he shouldn't have done that. He shouldn't have kissed Venti back..

But he also knew he could only hide away for so long before Venti would eventually catch up to him, hiding was useless, but he would spare any time he could. He didn't want the friendship to end, or else he would lose him as a friend and as a crush. 

He would lose the boy who helped him get up every morning with a small smile.

Maybe this spring was just.. Not his spring, he couldn't believe just last year, there he stood staring in disgust as couples walked hand in hand, and now as he passed by them.

He imagined himself walking beside Venti, hand in hand. But he doesn't think that could happen.. Maybe in another life.. But the idea of rejection was more terror inducing then death itself.

Rejection is such a terrifying thought, no? The thought of you spilling your heart out to the person you adore and cherish, only to be told they do not feel the same. Or don't desire such feelings.

And the thought of that was plaguing Diluc's mind to no end as he tried his hardest to avoid this male he called his friend, but wanted to call his. 

And the way the day was passing slowly was surely not helping him. Left alone to his thoughts, it was one of the hardest things Diluc has ever done, run away from the truth and coward away like a waste of space. 

The day was passing, slowly but surely as classes ensued and students paid no mind to the rush of the two males.

Venti searching for Diluc, and Diluc searching for a way out of this mess.

But the clock was ticking, and Diluc could only run for so long until the world around him would decide his fate.

And that time was coming shortly as Diluc brushed some glitter off his outfit from when he accidently ran into a valentines day decoration when trying to avoid Venti.

Of course he had run into Lisa, and Jean. But the two just gave him weird stares and questions, to which Diluc didn't waste his breath on answering, he desired Venti, but feared the ounce of rejection he could receive if he spilled his desire.

Diluc just could not face Venti, he knew he would have to eventually, but he was a ordinary person, he was a coward on this day. With his stoic heart cracking with love, but his mind filling his gut with guilt and doubts that lingered far deep in him.

Doubts that he couldn't end, doubts that could only end with the help of the male that holds his heart deep in his slender hands and isn't even aware of it.

The male that holds the power to either break his heart, or hold it. 

But both of these males hold each other's hearts. And hold no knowledge of it, they both are utterly unaware of the chokehold they hold around each other, the power of love inside of their eyes that they were both too naive to notice at first glance.

But maybe a deeper and much longer stare can truly just show how much a human's eye can hold. And how much love it could hold in just one stare, all those emotions.. That are bound to spill eventually.

Walking around, he believed himself to be save in the garden of the campus, Venti knows of it. But would he really search here for him? Search to either accept or reject him?

But as his feet dragged and his eyes fixated on the ground. The sun shone upon his fire red hair casting a shadow over his eyes full of worry and love. And his heart dropped into his stomach, his eyebrows shot up, when he suddenly heard Venti behind him. 

"Diluc!" That beautifully perfect voice rang in the air of the campus garden he believed to be safe in.

It's kind of funny, Diluc most likely would've been able to remain away from him the whole day, but it was as if fate was dragging him by his heart into the one place Venti would always search at, maybe because this place was the garden they sat at. 

Or maybe because it held the stone bench where Venti fixed Diluc's hair, where the two talk until they were forcefully separated by the school's classes.

It was as if fate was trying to bring him to Venti one more time. And as Diluc finally mustered up the courage he needed for him after moments of silence.

He lifted his head, looking over his shoulder and slowly turning around to see the one and only Venti, facing him and breathing at a rapid pace with a flourishing blush on his face.

But this blush was not made from alcohol, it was made from love and anticipation.

❀♥❀