Chapter 14: The Run

Author's note:

Hello everyone! It's Chaos (and hopefully I keep that name). I started this fanfiction in 2020 when I was 14 years old. I am now 19. While I am not as into Pokemon as I was in 2020, I reread this story and realized I was still invested in the characters. There are a lot of mistakes in the earlier chapters of this book, so I apologize. This is pretty much just practice for me. I feel like I have let you guys down and I remembered I promised myself to finish this fanfiction. I still write a lot of stories, and much more rapidly too, so I think I actually have an opportunity to finish this thing. I still love the eeveelutions very much as well. Well anyway, this book isn't the best thing I've written, but I hope you guys will still enjoy the chapters to come. <3

Seika and Mizu were playing with the sprinkler outside. It was so wonderful that Seika's old fear seemed to now be slipping away. 

"I'm going to get you!" shouted Seika heartily, to Mizu. 

"Yeah, good luck!" he shouted back. He jumped through the sprinkler like a flygon soaring through the sky. 

Kage and Mirai were outside. A couple days had passed since Mirai had asked him to be her mate. He honestly was not sure about his own emotions. So much had happened to him over the months as if it were a rollercoaster of the heart. Mirai was laughing at her brother and Seika and seemed to be focused on their activities. 

"Mirai?" said Kage, with an edge of concern in his voice. 

"Yes?" she said, returning her attention to him. 

"About...us," he said carefully. 

"You've made a decision?" said Mirai with hope in her voice. 

"Sort of," said Kage. "I think we'd better wait on it."

"Why?! I thought, you were sure?" said Mirai, this was a complete shock to her. 

"Yeah, I know, I thought it was too," said Kage. 

"If you don't tell me what changed your mind, I'm going to read it myself," said Mirai, clearly, she was upset. Kage didn't want to see her hurt. 

"I'm not changing my mind, I just want to be sure," he said as gently as possible. 

"Whatever," said Mirai, she walked away with disappointment. Kage could feel it radiating off of her. He wasn't even sure what made him want to reconsider his relationship with her. 

"What's the matter?" said Seika. She noticed Mirai storming away, and since she remembered Kage's tendency to be blunt, she wondered if that was the problem. 

"It's complicated..." said Kage, he walked back into the house through the Eevee hole. 

~

Mirai was sad. She felt her stomach harden at the fact that Kage could change his mind. Her psyche was already producing a thousand dreams about her heart being broken and him saying "no" to her. She did not want to be rejected. She made her way to the front of their new house which had a curved, winding driveway. The driveway was surrounded by tall, ethereal trees shadowing the lovely sun from endowing more power to the gem on her forehead. 

"Mirai?" said Raiden, "Are you okay?" Mirai spun her head to the side, she didn't even notice he was there. 

"I'm fine," she said with a sniffle that surprised her. She didn't even know she had been crying. 

"That's obviously not true. Do you want to talk about it?" he said. Raiden had always liked Mirai. He was always concerned for her feelings and thoughts since she seemed to always be preoccupied with everyone else's. 

Ups and Downs (An Eeveelution story/Pokemon drama)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें