Chapter One

"Come on Maggie, you've been doing your hair for half an hour!" My mom called from downstairs.
"I want to look good if they see me!" I finished my last curl and bounced down the stairs. My mom waited for me at the bottom with a smile on her face.
"Okay, I have the tickets and some money for food and any merchandise you want to buy at the concert. Is that it?"
"I think so."
"Then let's go!" I grinned as we walked out of the house and got in the car. It was a two hour drive to the stadium, so we decided to listen to Smoke + Mirrors on the way there.
"We're here, baby!" My mom drove into the parking lot and found a spot to park in. We quickly ran out of the car and to the entrance of the stadium, where the general admission line was as short as I had hoped for.
"Wow, we're gonna be right in front!" I jumped with excitement waiting for the door to open. Once it did, we got our stuff checked as quickly as possible and headed into the stadium itself.
"This place is huge!" I had been in stadiums before, but this one seemed to top them all.
"Now we've got some time before the concert, so I'm going to get us some food while the lines are short. Do you want anything?" My mom asked.
"Can you see if there's and cotton candy? Thanks mom." She walked out, and I stood in front of the stage. More people slowly started to enter the area where we were standing, but I knew we had a great spot.
The opening acts were people I had never heard of before. They were pretty good, but I could tell that everyone was just waiting anxiously for Imagine Dragons to come out.
Sure enough, almost two hours into the concert, I could see Dan's silhouette behind a white curtain that was hung on the stage.
"OH MY GOSH MOM IT'S HIM!" I was freaking out.
"I know!" She was a big fan of them too, which made me even happier.
I heard the first guitar chord and immediately knew what the song was: Shots.
Everyone was dancing, singing, and having a great time. It felt like a dream come true, and I couldn't even believe what was happening half the time.
At one point during the concert, they had started playing Warriors. I was singing the lyrics when I suddenly heard a loud sound. I looked in front of me and saw a man, standing between the audience and the stage, holding a gun. He had shot someone in the audience only a few people away from me. I was so shocked that I couldn't react, and the security guards quickly ran up to grab him.
One of them grabbed his arm that didn't have the gun, so he was quickly able to shoot Dan in the foot. He turned around, right in front of me, and shot my upper arm. I fell to the ground and only remember my mom's scream before I passed out.
-----
This is a really short chapter, but that's only because it's kind of an intro to the whole story. I promise that the future chapters will be at least 1,000 words each. Please vote if you want me to continue the story!
-----
Instagram: @/katiescialabba
Twitter: @/_kaatieee__