Chapter Five

"Goddammit, Dan." I leaned my head onto his arm, my tears gently falling on him. He was unconscious, and the doctors were trying to figure out why. He had gone in for a few scans, and I was anxiously waiting for the results.

"Dan?" I heard a voice say as the door slowly opened. I turned around to see Wayne standing there, completely shocked. He then looked at me, confused. "Who are you?"

"Well, I was at the concert yesterday and-"

"Were you given permission to come in here? Or are you just some fan that can't give us any privacy?" He gave me a face I thought I'd never see on him before.

"We've been... talking." I didn't want to go into full detail of what me and Dan had done. Besides that, this was definitely not the way I had wanted to meet my favorite guitarist.

"Talking, huh?" He crossed his arms.

"We met here." I proceeded to show him my bandaged arm. Wayne looked at it, and his face immediately became sad.

"Oh my gosh, I didn't realize..." He walked up to me and touched the bandage. "I'm sorry."

"Thanks." I smiled, then looked at Dan's face. He looked so peaceful with his eyes closed like that. I almost jumped back when I saw them flutter open. Wayne walked over to the other side of the bed and held his hand.

"Dan?" He whispered, his face hopeful but filled with fear.

"W... Wayne..." His mouth barely moved as he spoke, and his face was pale.

"What happened, buddy?" Wayne sat down in a chair beside the bed.

"I was... in the cafeteria I think. Yeah, I was. I was sitting with Maggie." Remembering who I was, his eyes went wide with concern.

"I'm right here, Dan." I reassured him.

"Mag, I'm really sorry. I wish you didn't have to see that."

"It's okay. This whole thing has been kinda crazy."

"I don't even know how I passed out like that. Does anybody know?" He looked at both of us, hoping for an answer.

Wayne sighed. "I didn't know anything until about an hour ago. Security kept us on the bus the whole day and refused to tell us anything. We were worried sick." He was trying hard to hold back tears. "I just saw you fall to the ground on stage before we were forced to leave."

I could tell it was hard for Dan to accept everything that was going on. I saw his heartbeat slowly increasing, and his hand became sweaty.

"What's going on?" My eyes went to Wayne, concerned.

"Panic attack." He held the oxygen mask on Dan's face, who was now shaking and struggling to breathe. He looked at me with wide eyes of fear.

"Help me."

He barely spoke, his soft voice becoming even softer. I held his hand tighter and prayed that it would stop. It hurt so much to see him like that and have no control over it.

"Calm down, buddy. It's okay." A tear rolled down Wayne's cheek, and I realized that our new love was nothing compared to their lifelong friendship.

"I shouldn't be here. I've only known him for a day. He needs people close to him." I stood up and let go of his hand, which was gripped very hard onto mine. No matter how hard I tried, he wouldn't let go.

"Dan..." I pleaded. It took a little while before he reluctantly let go, and I stared into his eyes for a moment before turning around and heading towards the door. I was about to grab onto the handle when the door opened fast and knocked me onto the ground.

"Dan!" Ben ran out from the hallway and next to Dan's bed, not noticing me. He held his hand like I had been, and sat where I had been sitting.

"He's having a panic attack!" Daniel ran in shortly after, not seeing me as well. "We've got you, Dan. Everything's going to be fine."

They all sat around his bed comforting him as I lay on the ground, my head throbbing along with my arm which had been hit by the door. My IV had luckily been taken out after Dan passed out, because if not I could've been hit by the cart as well.

He calmed down after a little while, and I finally came to my senses and realized I couldn't lay on the floor forever. I slowly picked myself up, using the wall for support. My head hurt even more when I was standing.

The band somehow got him back to normal, because by the time I stood up I could already hear his laugh from the other side of the room. I leaned against the wall and breathed deeply, realizing that my room was a long walk from his. I squinted at the clock on his nightstand. 7:38. Their concert would've been starting at that time.

I sighed and turned my head away from the clock to see Dan's face lit up with happiness. I caught eye contact with him and quickly got out of the room before he said anything.

I was speed walking down the hallway, trying to get to my room fast but not seem suspicious. I wanted to just stop walking and rest but I knew I could make it to my room. Everything around me started spinning, and once I found a stairwell I ran up two flights so I wouldn't have I stand in an elevator and let the pain sink in. With nobody in sight, I darted down the hallway and made it to my room without dying along the way.

I opened the door and slammed it shut after I was inside. I got to my bed and laid down, my head feeling like it was about to explode. I closed my eyes and tried to fight it as best as possible.

Someone knocked on the door, but I ignored it and continued to try and cool down my brain. The person at the door entered anyways, but it was opened so slowly that you could hear it creaking.

"Maggie." Wayne calmly said as he walked to my bed.

"Did you... follow me?" My eyes were still closed. It felt like a huge migraine was just dragging on.

"Dan wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Why does he care? Why?" I felt my face burning up.

"Maggie, he loves you."

I opened my eyes to look at Wayne, whose face was completely serious.

"He loves you so much. And I don't know how you can love someone in just a day, but Dan has made it possible. And you both deserve each other." He smiled.

I was about to speak when I felt a sudden pain in my arm. "Ow!" I screamed loudly.

"What?" He reacted quickly.

"It's my arm..." I looked under the sling to see that my whole bandage had turned a dark red. "Oh god." I leaned over and vomited in the trash can.

"It's okay." Wayne rubbed my back to comfort me. I stopped and leaned back in my bed, letting myself take a breather. "You're okay."

Goddamn, one day can do a lot to you.

-----

I'm really happy you guys are voting and enjoying the story ☺️. Next chapter soon!

-----

Instagram: @/katiescialabba
Twitter: @/_kaatieee__