The Dream

Jack's P.O.V

Darkness, that's all I can see. That's all I can feel. I feel so dark...so scared ...so sad....so....empty. I walk around, looking for some sort of light, one full of hope and joy. Hoping, praying that I can find something to ease my burdens, my fears, and my worries. But it can't be found.

Just as I give up, I see a spark. A spark of blue light. A spark of hope, dreams and joy. I start walking towards it. The closer I get to it, the lighter I feel. I feel the emptiness that was consuming me slowly drift away, and in its place, laughter. I smile. I want it. I need it. I start to run towards it. I reach for it, and grab it. 'Wow'. Never in my entire life have I ever felt such happiness.

And just like that, it all disappears. No more hope, no more joy, no more dreams, and no more laughter. I feel the emptiness slowly return. Forcing its way into me. Taking the laughter inside of me and smashing it into tiny shards of nothingness.

"SAVE ME!!!!" Someone screamed, snapping me out of my despair. I look around, frantically trying to find the source of the screaming. My heart pounding as my mind came up with scenario after scenario as to what the girl (or at lest she sounds like a girl) could be screaming about.

"JACK!!!!" The girl screamed again. My heart rate increases still.

"Yes!?" I shouted back. 'Where is she?'

"Your going to be late!!"

"Late? What do you mean I'm going to be late!?"

"Save her." Someone whispered, causing a shiver to go up my spine.

"Save who!?" I yelled, my voice cracking a bit.

"Come on, Jack! Get up!" The girl shouted. 'Wait a minute, is that...'

"Mom!?"

"She is the key." The voice whispered again.

*************
I woke up drenched in sweat, my breathing jagged. It took me a moment to take in my surroundings. My blanket was tangled in a knot, probably from me tossing and turning in bed all night. My room wad pretty clean, aside from the few papers and books for school scattered on the floor. My grey almost black bear walls seemed to close in on me a bit. Beside my bed, my mother was kneeling, a worried expression plastered on her face.

"Jack, are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said breathlessly.

"Are you sure?" She asked sternly.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said, turning my head away. She sighed and got up.

"If you don't get a move on you'll be late for school." She stated as she walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. I sighed as I got out of bed and got readyfor school. 'Why do I have a bad feeling about today?'

***********
(A/N)
Yeah I know. It's a little short. Please be patient with me! Im a slow writer. T^T anyways, i hope you enjoyed it! Please vote and comment! It would mean the world to me!