Chapter 19

Yuki was too tired to wake up. She felt weak. She slowly opened her eyes and rolled to her back.

"Monday.... School today..... Great....", she mumbled and sighed. She sat up and stretched, her body making crack sounds.

"School! School! School!", DJ's song was muffled in the hall. Yuki grumbled and sat up, her hair a mess all over her face. DJ opened the door.

"Up, Yuki! School! School! School!", he bellowed. Yuki glared at him but DJ had already left the roof.

𝘞𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘶𝘭, 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭, she thought sarcastically. Rubbing her eyes, she stretched. 𝘔𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘺. 𝘚𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭. 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴. 𝘌𝘭𝘭𝘢, she thought. 𝙀𝙡𝙡𝙖

"Samuel! Omg! Moooooom!", DJ bellowed. Samuel snickered and Yuki groaned.

"Stupid boys", she mumbled and got up. She went to her closet and took out a red hoodie and jeans.

"Triple S! I swear if you don't let go of your brother, I will ground you for 3 months!", her mother shouted. Yuki giggled. She finished putting on her clothes and walked out her room.

DJ and Samuel were glaring at each other, their mom standing in front of them with her hands on her hips. "Either both of you apologize or I ground you both for a month of video games!", their mom scold. Samuel growled.

"Sorry", he growled. DJ crossed his arms. Their mom narrowed her eyes. Samuel rolled his eyes. "I'm really sorry"

"Are you? You always lie", Yuki said as she crossed her arms and leaned on the door frame of her room. Samuel scolded her. "Morning"

"Good morning, sweet heart!", her mom said and kissed her forehead. She turned to glared at the boys (🎵 Ayi ayi ah, got this feeling in my bones!🎵 Nah jk). "Learn from your sister!"

Samuel scoffed and DJ smiled. "Yuki, when I grow up, I wanna be like you!", DJ said. He ran up to her and hugged her arm. Yuki smiled and patted his head. 

In school

Yuki hummed a tune as she walked down the hall. She went to her locker and opened it. She froze.

There was a note sticking out of her journal. Ok, that's not surprising. What was surprising is that, she never had a note in her journal. Not sticking out, that's for sure. She reached for it but paused half way, feeling a strange presence. As quickly as she could, she turned around.

Nothing

She turned to look back at her locker. The note was gone. There was nothing sticking out of the journal anymore.

"Hi, Yuki!", Max's voice called. Yuki glanced to her right and smiled. Max was walking with Ella, who looked shy like always.

"Hi, Max! Hi, Ella!", Yuki said as she closed her locker and ran to them. Ella smiled. Yuki gave them both a tight hug, both of them returning the hug. They all pulled away. 

"Where's Kia?", Ella asked. Yuki shrugged. Max looked at her curiously.

"I haven't seen her or Cris", Yuki explained. Ella hummed and nodded her head slowly. Max pouted. 

"I was going to ask him something", Max said and shrugged. Yuki looked at him curiously. Ella had the same expression. Max looked at the girls confused. "What?"

"Nothing", Ella was the first to break the silence. Max glanced over Yuki' shoulder and frowned. Yuki and Ella noticed this and turned to look at the direction he was looking. Ella also frowned.

"Max! Honey!", a girl called as she ran to them. She wore a white long sleeve crop top and blue jeans, her blond hair tied into a pony tail. Another girl chased after her. She wore a purple and black hoodie, black ripped jeans, her bruinette hair loose as she ran.