The Bird Behind The Mask

A/N Okay so the first chapter or so will be some before hand stuff but you will love it... trust me.

The team had just came back from a long 48 hour mission and their mentors were discussing things about who knows what. All the members of the young team were exhausted, but no one was more exhausted then Robin. He hadn't been sleeping the night before the mission because he was out with Batman fighting the Penguin and tracking down a case. But one of the main reasons is his parents death anniversary was the day after they got back, and all month it had been the same nightmare over and over; he was to afraid to have the dream again. No matter how hard the Boy Wonder tried not to fall asleep on that couch he drifted off into darkness.

The team stopped and looked at Robin who was now quietly snoring. "I forgot how young he actually is," Kaldur said softly not to wake the sleeping bird. "I wonder what he's hiding under that mask?" Conner spoke. All eyes turned to him. "Good question. Lets take off the mask." Artemis smiled evilly. Wally and Roy glanced at each other. They were the only ones on the team to know his identity and if Bats found out they hadn't done anything to stop the un-masking they would be dead meat. Roy spoke up ,"Lets not; Bats would find out and go all daddy-bats on us then kill us all. Trust me. He always finds out," he stressed. "How about we guess who he is!" M'gann shouted(in a quiet way). Wally shifted uncomfortably nervous they would guess right but he stayed silent for the first time ever. "Is there something you're not telling us?" Kaldur asked Wally.

Wally though fast but Roy spoke first. "Why would Batman trust him with that? He would spill the second he got the information," Roy said convincing the team. "Okay back to the question. I think he is a kid from the streets and he was found by Batman and he became Robin," M'gann guessed "Too perky for that kind of past. Maybe he is some kid who wanted to help his dad stop evil," Conner said. "Maybe, or maybe he's hiding a scar," Zatanna spoke "Hey Baywatch, your being really quite for once, thoughts?" Artemis asked Wally. "Uh... I guess... I kinda..agree with Zatanna... but in a different way. Like maybe he has a mental scar that made him become Robin." Wally spoke softly "I think your getting to far into it." Roy said eyeing Wally as a warning. "Well I agree with Conner." Artemis shrugged.

Suddenly Robin started mumbling something in his sleep, and for one thing, it wasn't English.

The team stared blankly at the boy who was now mumbling a different language. 'Could he alway speak another language or was this a sleep thing' is what was going though most of there heads.
"MAMI TAT NU!" Robin yelled suddenly then barley audiable he said, "trezi vă rugăm trezire haide trezesc," "Is he okay?" M'gann asked worried "NU VĂ ROG!" The young boy yelled in his sleep.

(MEAN WHILE IN THE OTHER ROOM) (third person)

The adults where talking about the younger team like Conner and Clark, whether or not to have a mission tomorrow when someone yelled. "What was that?" Clark asked . Batman put his detective skills to work and said, "You have super hearing and you couldn't tell. That was Robin." He said.
Batman ran in the other room with the rest of them trailing behind him. "Robin!" He yelled. He ran over to a thrashing robin. "What's happening is he okay?!" M'gann asked. "He's having a nightmare, a bad one. Everyone get out!" Batman yelled. For a moment they all just stared before Batman yelled "NOW!" They left for the kitchen. Bruce took off his cowl and took off The Boy Wonders mask. He huged up the scrawny, but muscular, boy tight. "Dick." He said, trying to wake the still mumbling boy. "Mami tat nu." The Boy Wonder whimpered, his screams stopping. "Dickie. Wake up." Bruce Wayne said, shaking Robin's shoulders lightly. Robin shot up, his bright blue eyes wide with panic. "It was just a dream, Dickie." Bruce said, cuddling the boy closer to his muscular chest.

Dick looked at Bruce with terror in his eyes. "There dead. There really dead," At this, he began to sob. He buried his face in Bruce's chest, letting tears drip from his eyes "It's ok, Dickie. Everything's gonna be okay." Bruce said, hugging him.

(Meanwhile in the Kitchen) (Third Person)

"What's going on?"

"What is Batman doing?"

"Is Robin okay? I'm worried!"

"I'm sure he's fine. I hope." Were some of the many things heard in the kitchen of Mount Justice.

"Superman, you have super hearing. What do you hear?" Artemis asked, looking at the tall Kryptonian. "I can't tell you. Batman would kill me; or worse: give me a bat glare. I can't handle that." The black hair and blue eyed Kryptonian exclaimed, paling at the thought of a bat glare. "When we where in there i felt waves of self guilt and depression and anger so strong theres no way to explain it coming off of Robin," M'gann says frowning.

(Back in the other room)

Bruce looked at his little bird. "Ill be back, then we can go home." Bruce says getting up. Dick nods while Bruce puts his cowl back on.

He walks into the kitchen. The room goes silent. "Is Robin alright?" Kaldur asks. "Uh- well, Robin has seen a lot in his life, more then kids his age should. So nightmares happen, he'll be fine, but im going to take him home." Batman says. Everyone looked at each other worried while Batman walked out.

The bat picked the 13 year old up in his arms. Dick might have been a bit to old to be carried but the small acrobat took the opportunity and snuggled in to the billionaire's neck as silent tears still came from his eyes.

---at the cave---
Bruce zetaed home, Dick falling asleep in his arms. "Your home from your meeting erl-" Alfred says but was cut off by Bruce shushing him as his bird was now asleep.

Bruce took him upstairs to his room, got him into pjs. And got in pjs himself, but was called by Dick. "Bruce," he said half asleep. "Yea?" Bruce asked. "Stay with me, please i know it a weird request from a 13 year old, but i don't get the dreams when your here." Dick whispered "alright," Bruce says getting into bed with him. They where both out as soon as they closed there eyes.

A/n
Hey tara here, just want to give some cred to FutureWriter18 for helping me with this chapter, she wrote half of it of it while i was away , as good as it was i had plans that needed to happen so i did change a lot of things but she saved me tons of time so thanks for that! Well have a nice day!! - tara