CHAPTER 2.2

Rift's POV

Great, I fucked up

Great, I fucked up. I didn't even mean to. But her saying 'only two years' had my head spinning in anger. And after her little outburst, I wasn't just angry anymore, I was full out fuming with anger.

"Sit down." I ordered, trying to calm myself. She looked down at me from where she stood in front of the picnic table and shook her head. "Go fuck yourself, will you?" she said with another shake of her head. Fuck this shit!

Grabbing her wrist, I pulled her to my lap and she crushed into me with a welp of surprise. "What the hell?" she asked as she looked angrily up at me. Those green eyes darker than normal stared up at me and I stopped breathing for just a second. Fuck, I am fucked...

"There is something you all are hiding from us." I said but she didn't answer, so I dropped it for now. Either way they were going to talk to us tomorrow, either they liked it or not.

"What do you want, Rift?" she asked, my name leaving breathlessly out of her luscious lips. Eyes narrowing up at me, she tried to get away from my hold, but I didn't let her. "I saw you out there with Spade." I changed the subject so the tension could become less, and it did, for Marina at least.

"Yeah, so? We were having fun, what's the problem?" she asked with an annoying huff as she shuffled in my lap, getting comfortable while a groan escaped my lips. Fuck. "I think he is up to something. That man is unpredictable." I told her and she snorted out a laugh. "Every man in 'unpredictable', Rift. Even you, so don't act like Spade is the worst of them all, in all opposition, he is one of the good ones." she said seriously and I gritted my teeth.

"You're gonna go back with him?" I asked, not really wanting to know the answer. If she did that meant one thing, they were going to get naked, and yes, that shit bothered the fuck out of me.

"No. He has things to do, unlike some people that only know how to annoy me." she said with a small smile.

"Smartass." I said back with my own grin. She couldn't see it though since she was looking ahead of her. My hands wrapped around her waist as her head rested on my shoulder. Fuck, what am I doing? What is she doing to me?

"I see someone is having fun." a low voice sounded from behind us, followed by a grunt. "Fucker." I grunted lowly. Marina laughed and grabbed the hand that Ren, Cross's brother, held out to her.

"Marina." she said, "Ren," he continued as he sat at the left while another fucker one the right. "Buzzer." said the second one and looked at me with a raised brow. I shrugged it off and gripped Marina's waist as she tried to wiggle away. No way, no fucking way that was happening.

"What are you up to?" Ren, the sly fucker asked with a smirk as he fucking winked at Marina. "None of your fucking business." I growled lowly, making Marina turn in my arms, a questioning look on her face. "What? I asked her and she raised an eyebrow up at me, "You're acting like an asshole." she reprimanded and the other too raised one brow each. "I act however the fuck I want to, woman." I said coldly and she was now narrowing her eyes at me.

"Good for you." she said and stood up, well after elbowing me in the gut, greeted the other two fuckers and left to 'go find her angel' as she said.
"Spade's her angel?" Ren asked, wheezing with laughter and I smacked him up the head. "Shut the fuck up." I said in annoyance.

"You seem off." Buzzer observed and I shrugged it off. "I'm fine. How's Cross doing?" I asked Ren. Cross has been to prison for the last decade or so because the 'Hell Stallions', our number one rival MC fucked him over. One of our own was doing time in fucking prison because of those bastards. "He is fine." Ren said in a serious tone, sighing as he took a swing of his beer. "When is he coming out?" Buzzer asked, "This year." Ren said and all of us breathed a sigh of relief. Fucking finally.