09

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
09 ── ❝ Do you get deja vu , huh? ❞

❝   Getting Nicolas involved was such a brilliant idea wasn't it? Clearly, it's done wonders ❞  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

brilliant idea wasn't it? Clearly, it's
done wonders ❞
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Colette had been doing the same thing these past few days , keeping herself company.

Her and Sarah were not on talking terms and she was stuck playing monopoly with Sonia while being grounded. Ever since her mother's fateful return , she was under her piercing gaze. Her phone was went through , messages and Nicolas was personally asked if Colette had behaved or had been taking her regularly medication. Colettes greatest fear was this , getting back the old label her family saw her as.

Sonia poured a glass of cool iced tea as they sat together on the front porch, seeking respite from the sun under its shaded overhang. "Have you managed to fix friendship with Miss Sarah?" Sonia inquired, her voice gentle as she sipped her tea.

Colette cleared her throat and adjusted her sunglasses, her attention momentarily captured by the garden's lush blooms and the serene trickle of the nearby fountain. "Sonia can you please get my midsummers dress picked up later today if you can please,"  she instructed, her tone soft trying to pretend she didn't hear what Sonia.

"Of course," Sonia replied, awkwardly realising this was Colettes way. Sonia held out the small tray with Colettes medication , her brows raised. Colette glared at them before putting them on her tongue then swallowing it with her iced tea.

Small thumping grew closer on the deck , her mother's throat clearing was signature and could be recognised by her children from miles. "Coco mija," she announced.

Colette's groan echoed . Ever since her mother returned, she could feel her sharp gaze drilling into her. The discovery that she had delayed her therapy sessions for two weeks was not part of her plan. What made it worse was that she had enlisted her brother's help in keeping it a secret. Now, with her mother back, Colette sensed impending consequences looming over her, intensifying her unease.

"I have a job for you," Bianca's voice carried a hint of a grin, creating a ripple effect. First came her mother's initial anger, followed by a facade of fake niceness accompanied by icey remarks.

Colette glanced at her mother, her expression composed but filled with underlying tension. "Well, at least you're consistent with your surprises," she remarked dryly, her voice laced with subtle sarcasm.

Bianca's smile widened slightly, a hint of amusement in her eyes. "You know me, darling. Always keeping things interesting," she replied smoothly, her tone carrying a touch of playful arrogance.